Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree15Likes

Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyn View Post
M-1 is co-owned by Fedor.

The fact that they do not allow thier fighters to participate in other events is smart, business wise. If for example they let Penn fight in a smaller promotion or a tournament, and he gets injured, then they have to scramble to make a main event that people are willing to pay for.
I know this, they actually tried to do this with Pride but then Dreamstage fucked them over. With M-1 it's just a total shit deal. M-1 would basically assume no risk and only get the benefit, look at what they're doing with Strikeforce. If Strikeforce loses money then M-1 will still make money in that deal, it's shit. Plus the UFC doesn't need M-1, hell Strikeforce doesn't even need them they just need Fedor. M-1 and Vadim are just so shady. It will be interesting when Fedor's contract with M-1 expires, not that it will make a difference, but at least it's something to look forward to.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

enough about fedor geez
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

did anyone just love TUF: Heavyweights? And greg jackson as a coach? Wow, great choice Rashad.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

dude i saw that guys skull. I am almost surprised they let that fight be shown on tv. He is from here. Omaha was rooting for him. way to let us down abe.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #25 (permalink)

I loled so hard during the first scene of TUF. Those two are gonna have so much fun together. I want to watch them play tennis together like in USvsUK.

I really don't think Rampage is a very good coach. I feel like he doesn't fully comprehend the sport in its entirety if he was CLAMORING to pick up Kimbo, and he made such an incredibly poor fight choice. His sideline coaching during the fight wasn't really specific enough to help his guy. They were just vague things like "Get up" or "Do something different". I remember Hendo and Bisping were pretty specific in shouting strategies.

@UFN19: What the fuck was Guillard thinking? Why on earth did he decide to shoot?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
dude i saw that guys skull. I am almost surprised they let that fight be shown on tv. He is from here. Omaha was rooting for him. way to let us down abe.
really? that wound looked pretty deep during the show. and the doctor replied 'affirmative' when he was asked if the skull could be seen.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I loled so hard during the first scene of TUF. Those two are gonna have so much fun together. I want to watch them play tennis together like in USvsUK.

I really don't think Rampage is a very good coach. I feel like he doesn't fully comprehend the sport in its entirety if he was CLAMORING to pick up Kimbo, and he made such an incredibly poor fight choice. His sideline coaching during the fight wasn't really specific enough to help his guy. They were just vague things like "Get up" or "Do something different". I remember Hendo and Bisping were pretty specific in shouting strategies.

@UFN19: What the fuck was Guillard thinking? Why on earth did he decide to shoot?
yea. it was pretty pathetic that rampage only had words like 'get up now', 'come on you gotta do something' and re-using words his coaches had. he's a fun dude but a terrible coach.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehtaFrey View Post
yea. it was pretty pathetic that rampage only had words like 'get up now', 'come on you gotta do something'
The only other thing I would have added if I was rampage is "stop lying there".
Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arson View Post
The only other thing I would have added if I was rampage is "stop lying there".
"Hit him with your fists"
Old 09-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yeah Rampage is just plain horrible in his fighters' corners, he was telling this guy to finish him and knock him out while he was on his back. The fighter wasn't much better though, he was like a fish out of water on his back. He had plenty of chances to sweep his opponent or at least move to a better position and didn't.