Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

One Red Paperclip Now a Homeowner...

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

We've got a house.

It's "official." I'm going to trade one movie role for one house with the town of Kipling Saskatchewan. But nothing's official until Dom and I go to Kipling and shake hands with the Mayor. Dom and I will be in Kipling on Wednesday July 12th to shake hands with the mayor of Kipling, Pat Jackson, and Bert Roach, Kipling's community development officer...and probably a whole bunch of other people as well. Then it'll be official - without the quotation marks. (Funny enough, I actually held my hands over my head and did those "quotation mark" thingy's when I typed out the word "official" the first time. Please don't ask me how I managed to type the word "offical" with my hands over my head. Unlike trading one red paperclip for a house, I still have no idea how I did it.) Anyhow, this is gonna be so much fun. We're going to seal the deal on July 12th - exactly one year to the day I put a picture of one red paperclip on this site.

one red paperclip.
one house.
one year.

A great statement as it is, but you better believe the first thing we're going to do is paint the house red. Please don't ask me why I'm going to paint it red. Like the beer keg, I think we can all agree it's just one of those things that has to be done.

Kipling's *revised* trade offer, goes a little something like this:

Kyle, the Town of Kipling, Saskatchewan wants you to complete your quest for a house. The Mayor and Town Council with the support of the employees and residents of the Town of Kipling have a revised offer for you. We know you will say Yes!

1. As a new resident to our community you will receive a Community Welcome Package containing local information and promotions from local businesses.
2. The Kipling Chamber of Commerce will give you $200 in Kipling Cash. This Cash can be spent at any local Chamber of Commerce business.
3. You will be given a Key to the Town of Kipling
4. You will become Honorary Mayor of Kipling for One Day.
5. You will be named an Honorary Lifelong Citizen of the Town of Kipling
6. The day we make the trade will be decreed One Red Paperclip Day by our Town Council and everyone will be encouraged to wear a red paperclip in honor of your achievements.
7. Will build the worlds largest red paperclip in dedication to you and your one red paperclip project
8. Most importantly to allow you to complete your questWe will trade to you a house. The house was built in the 1920s and has been recently renovated. It is locate at 503 Main Street Kipling, SK Canada. It is approximately 1100 square feet on two floors. There are three bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, kitchen, living room and dinning room. It has white vinyl siding, a new roof and eaves troughs that have been put on in the last few years. We will be sending you pictures of the house as soon as we have had time to touch up the paint.

Kyle MacDonald, do you accept our offer of one house in Kipling for one role in Corbin Bernsens movie Donna on Demand?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's unbelievable. I didn't really believe he could do it. Good for him, though. By the way, where the fuck is Kipling SK? Near Saskatoon or Regina? Being Canadian maybe I should know, but there are a ton of small towns in Saskatchewan.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

New house

Very impressive. I thought he had stalled since there weren't any trades recently. I need to go through my kitchens drawers and see what I can get for an old ziploc bag. Any offers?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Damn it. I wish I had a paperclip.