Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By secretjacuzzi
  • 1 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 1 Post By stratwill
  • 1 Post By secretjacuzzi
  • 2 Post By secretjacuzzi

Old 08-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Pacific Northwest Road Trip

27, male, photographer
What/where/why:
Hello, I am currently planning road trip starting in San Diego basically taking a straight line heading north down the 1 & 101 to Olympic National Park. I'll be traveling alone & my main goal is to photograph unique architecture & bridges as well as nature. I recently got my 1st car/licence & am collecting photos for my first photography show. My budget is roughly $1,000. I'll be leaving around September 10th

The route is all coastal until Portland, where I will be trying to meet up with Portland people.

After I leave Olympic National Park I'll be going through Seattle, where I will try to meet up with Seattle people.

If anyone would like to meet up, recommend a destination, donate, or offer their couch for a night it would be greatly appreciated. I am driving a 1994 Honda Accord, Manual 5 speed. I have a tent & sleeping bag & will be sleeping in State Parks & foresty areas.

I will be updating this as I get more information, thanks in advance for any input.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hit up the natural hot spring pools in Olympic National Forest. They're sulphur pools, (so they got a bit of odor) but it's super relaxing. It's great way to end a hike. Can't remember where we camped. But it was in the park.

It's so lush and green up that way. You're gonna love it.
secretjacuzzi likes this.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

This is an amazing drive. There are so many places to see that you could take a couple months and not have enough time. Here are a few things worth considering:

The Redwoods in Northern California

Newport, OR

Depoe Bay

The lighthouses all up and down the coast

Cape Kiwanda

Since you're heading into Portland, you may not have time to hit up Astoria and the Astoria column

The Washington coast is not at all like the highly developed and tourist friendly Oregon coast, There are only a few stretches with accessible beaches.

On the Western side of Olympic National Park (the rain forest part) there are two main access points. Quinalt and Hoh.

After you swing around through Port Angeles, you can head up to Hurricane Ridge.

If you head up to Port Townsend you can take the ferry across to Whidbey Island and drive up to Deception Pass before heading back down to Seattle.

It's off the coast, but maybe on your way back home, Crater Lake is worth a stop.
secretjacuzzi likes this.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the recommendations Piff & Stratwill

I will be up in HOH Olympic towards the end of September I believe. I have to readjust some things now to see Cape Kiwanda. I looks soooooo beautiful!

I leave Sat Sept 12. Anyone else have ideas? You'll gain my undying love where ever WiFi is available.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Roadside America
Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey everyone, I'm about to hit the road. Follow me on instagram if you want to see wilderness!

https://www.instagram.com/megacatxyz/
Nettie-poo likes this.

Last edited by secretjacuzzi; 02-23-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey guys, the place that develops my film, North Coast Photographics, used a few of my pictures from this road trip on their facebook page. I'm super excited about it. Just thought I would share, it made me really happy

You can check them out here if you want:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=172280421530