Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Pimples that kill you - Important Health Info

OK, so I can't find a link for this or anything, but I heard on the radio today about these pimples that kill you. Basically if you draw an imaginary line from the outer edge of your eye down to the edge of your mouth and back up to the other edge of your eye, that's an area called the mask. Apparently, if you squeeze a pimple in that area, it drains directly back into a cavity behind your face and can cause an infection that can go to your optic nerve and brain. Not big massive pussy suckers, the kind that are kind of deep down and you have to squeeze the shit out of them to get anywhere. This guy on the radio had heard about it before but didn't believe it, then the other day he had this eye infection and went to the doctor and he said that was why, and left much longer it could have made him blind or affected his brain.

This has been a public service announcement.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Shit!!! I'm sure I've done that before. And I'll forget so I'll do it again. Does nose count as part of the "mask"??
Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Shit!!! I'm sure I've done that before. And I'll forget so I'll do it again. Does nose count as part of the "mask"??
No. nose doesn't drain into the same cavity, if you think about it, there's not empty brain space behind your nose the same way there is with your face.
I know, I have done it before too - but never again. I'll just wait for that bastard to show his white head before having a crack. It's when you try too hard to pop them that it can get forced back into that area.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

You sure know a lot about pimples.

I will hereby call you:

The pimple professor.

And no, you have nothing to say in that matter.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

I wonder how solid a source "this guy on the radio" really is. I'm sure I've done that before as well, wouldn't something like this, if it were really as dangerous, be more widely known?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cottage Cheese?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinR View Post
I wonder how solid a source "this guy on the radio" really is. I'm sure I've done that before as well, wouldn't something like this, if it were really as dangerous, be more widely known?
The source on the radio is a guy in Australia called Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, who is this science dude that despite the fact that he wears ugly shirts, actually makes an effort to make sciency shit relevant and interesting to regular people. I didn't believe it until I realised it was him.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
The source on the radio is a guy in Australia called Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, who is this science dude that despite the fact that he wears ugly shirts, actually makes an effort to make sciency shit relevant and interesting to regular people. I didn't believe it until I realised it was him.
He really should wear better shirts. People might take him more seriously!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
He really should wear better shirts. People might take him more seriously!
i think ill take his word for it anyways

"Kruszelnicki's academic work spans several branches of science. He holds degrees in Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, and he has also studied some Astrophysics, Computer Science and Philosophy."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-Karl_Kruszelnicki_Usyd.jpg (24.3 KB, 227 views)
Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well....fuck. Now I can't pop pimples without dying anymore?