Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

podcast software for win mobile 5 4 smartphone?

My fucking Ipod was stolen and it is a pain in the ass to load shows onto my telephone for listening at work.

Does anyone know of any software that syncs automatically like Itunes does, which will update to the card in my 'windows mobile 5 for smartphone'?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

fuuuuuuuuuck you!

and to answer your question: no.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a program called Feeder Reader on my Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC. I have sucessfully used it to download podcasts, but have found it easier to download and manually transfer. Perhaps if I messed with the settings a little more I could set it up right.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

buy a mac and an ipod. that should solve all of your problems.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not sure but try and check this site out http://dopplerradio.net/

Else try and see what http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast has to offer
Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

If you tell windows that your memory card (i'm assuming that it's an SD card) is a "mobile media device", it will sync for you when you plug it into the computer. You just have to manually download the files.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobby
I'm not sure but try and check this site out http://dopplerradio.net/

Else try and see what http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast has to offer
1st, screw you, balls.

I'm running doppler. I don't recomend 3 beta however, as it will crash.

As for ipods, balls, go look at some reviews and see that Apple has dropped the ball. The ipods aren't even in the top 5 as far as quality goes. They are antiquated and overpriced. Maybe that's how they can afford to brainwash the feeble minded with those ads.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
1st, screw you, balls.

As for ipods, balls, go look at some reviews and see that Apple has dropped the ball. The ipods aren't even in the top 5 as far as quality goes. They are antiquated and overpriced. Maybe that's how they can afford to brainwash the feeble minded with those ads.
But don't the have a mobil version or something? that is what i ment. I don't know if it works as rewuested.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
1st, screw you, balls.

First,I really appreciate everyone's input on this.

Nick,

I tried Doppler this morning and could not find a way to have it place or sync the podcasts onto the SD card in my phone.

I also did not see a setting to have the software discard "old" podcast episodes, like itunes does. i.e. "keep only the three most recent episodes"

When telling Doppler where to place the podcast files, I tried to tell it to use the SD card on the phone (the phone was plugged in, which allows you to browse the folders in the phone via windows explorer). Unfortunately, you can not assign the phone sd card, as the place to put the MP3 files.

I guess I'll just drag the files that Itunes downloads, from their folder on my PC into a folder on my phone using windows explorer. That does work rather well, but its kind of a pain and wont happen if Im in a hurry to get out of the door.

Having been an Ipod owner for about ten months, I must disagree with your opinion on the player. I haven't shopped many other units, but the Ipod was amazing. It may be the Itunes software that makes it so easy to use, but it still works rather well.

The situation with trying to get podcasts onto my telephone player illustrates this rather well.

With the Ipod, I simply plugged into myPC when not in use and any time I picked it up I knew the battery would be full and my most recent music purchases and all of my podcasts would be along with me right in my pocket.

I'm not really big on having to learn or tweak new software in order to use an entertainment item like a music player. With the ipod, it just works and I dont go through hastles like the ones I having while trying to replace it with my overpriced telephone PDA device.