Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Podshow gets dissed

Just listening to Mark Yoshinoya bowl rant about how the WSJ sucks because they didn't mention Podshow among the movers and shakers of new media. Obviously he didn't get the memo that podcasting isn't about corporate shit, but everyday people who are shaking the fuck out of the traditional media world. Podshow is making money but the real power will be with people who can transition to bigger and better things while writing their own ticket without Podshow. (ok, i am ready to get beaten down by Mali). The reason, WSJ picked who they did is because they aren't corporate, but Mark just doesn't get that. Also Markie almost begs his listeners to believe that he is independant, and would talk shit about Curry and Podshow. Does he really think that people believe him?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Obviously he didn't get the memo that podcasting isn't about corporate shit
Obviously he didn't get the memo that the Wall Street Journal isn't about making shit up. They do real research.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Also, to write about Podshow shows, you have to go through Podshow. Podshow isn't about to let you write up on one show without mentioning or promoting Podshow.

I'm sure the Penthouse and Playboy writeups are rife with Podshow and Adam Curry name-drops. WSJ is not about to waste their time with that.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
Thanks Godfather those are my feelings exactly. The reason I listen to certain Podcasts is because I can't stand the corporate type of podcast/radio. I like to hear from real people, talking about themselves and their lives. It is interesting, it is validation. Even Howard Stern is now so far removed from the "people" that he really doesn't say anything that is interesting to me.

I do wonder if you actually know if Podshow is actually MAKING money. They got some VC money but are they actually turning a profit based on what they bring in thru advertising etc.

Personally I think Sirius had so many hours to fill with "content" that they went to podshow and said give us all you got, we don't care if it is shit and well they got shit.
Most of the Podshow VC went to buying Mark's house and pool.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

my favorite quote: "Look, this has nothing to do with jealousy, this only has to do with honesty."
Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

I also love it that the podshow people have circled the wagons and are sending emails and leaving messages of support. Marky yoshinoya-beef-bowl cant stop talking about the power of Podshow, whereas KATG talks about the loyalty of their listeners.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
I also love it that the podshow people have circled the wagons and are sending emails and leaving messages of support. Marky yoshinoya-beef-bowl cant stop talking about the power of Podshow, whereas KATG talks about the loyalty of their listeners.
I loved the "support" from the HAM radio guy. He sent in the support because he was offended, and proceded to do the Podshow standard "shout-out to my show because podshow doesn't do shit for me line."
Old 08-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013
Most of the Podshow VC went to buying Mark's house and pool.
Maybe it's just 1/6000th of a house and pool. You get to use it one day every 20 years, and it comes free with your name in blood on the Podshow contract.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

The way you get listeners as a Podshow member is to call as many other shows as you can and show your support for that podcaster and then suck balls and beg for listeners. Why would you let a 'competitor' call your show and beg for listeners. I don't get it. Wouldn't you stand the risk of having your listenership canabalized? Also Yoshinoya-beef-bowl talks about talent. Nobody is born a 'talented' poker player, just like KATG weren't born podcasters. I am listening to a lot of the early shows, and you can just feel Keith holding back a bit. Fast forward to today, and the jokes flow without a thought, but that is the beauty-there is no thought, no eight writers, and no editing (for live shows). I know they research topics for the show, including the news, what's going on in their lives and the daily prayer (which i think immunizes me against all the sin I hear), but there is no ten page script. Keith, Chemda, Patrice, Spooky, Matt B, and everyone else are funny cause that is how they are in real life. If they produced a scripted show it would be shit. Keith is the best when he has someone funny sitting next to him. Keet, Chemda, Patrice and the 3-beer queer have real talent. Period.