Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Jenny McCarthy, still an idiot

Quote:
Mccarthy urges doctors to accept diet can ease autism

Actress/model Jenny McCarthy has called on the medical community to recognize that diet and vitamins can help ease the symptoms of autism.

McCarthy, whose five-year-old son Evan suffers from the disorder, travels around America giving talks about the alleged benefits of natural medicines.

But the blonde, who is dating Jim Carrey, wishes doctors would acknowledge how diets and vitamins can be used to treat autism.

She says, "I've been speaking to moms across the country who are all shouting out the same thing: 'This (diet and supplement intake) is working.'"

"It's so heartbreaking to see the medical community not support something called diet and vitamins. And it pains us, city after city after city. I see this heartbreak on these mom's faces."

"Autism isn't covered by (medical) insurance. If things like diets and supplements are working, then why not support it? These kids are getting better and I will not shut up and will not stop fighting about it."
First she propagates the myth that autism is caused by vaccines, which has been disproved over and over again yet has convinced enough people that children are now dying of measles because their parents are afraid to give them the shot, now she's claiming to have cured a heritable neurological disorder with vegetables.

Someone should shut this stupid bitch up.

Supposed "autism advocates" who embrace and spread pseudoscience and mass hysteria piss me off.

Last edited by MickGreen; 03-07-2008 at 03:00 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

while yes she is stupid.. diet really can play a huge role in kids behavior. Half the kids diagnosed with ADD/ADHD would probably be fine if they didn't drink so much red cordial.

"Autism" (or at least many of the kids diagnosed with it) most likely has more to do with parents drinking and smoking during pregnancy than the kids diet after they are popped out though.

Dr Wizzle.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
"Autism" (or at least many of the kids diagnosed with it) most likely has more to do with parents drinking and smoking during pregnancy than the kids diet after they are popped out though.
Gasp! You can't say that! That would mean that the parents are at fault instead of the rest of the world.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
"Autism" (or at least many of the kids diagnosed with it) most likely has more to do with parents drinking and smoking during pregnancy than the kids diet after they are popped out though. Also, ryanknapper is hot.
Don't forget that women are waiting until much later in life to have children.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

She may be an idiot, but BASEketball is one of the best movies ever. Ever.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukiTh View Post
Lulz.

Fuuuuuuuuuck you! And welcome to the forums.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukiTh View Post
Agreed. I LOVE that movie
Old 03-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd say that diet probably doesn't cure autism, but if it helps, give the kid a carrot. I know from personal experience that when I'm eating healthy foods I function better, and I bet that with an autistic child, every little bit counts. I agree that a lot of our ADD/ADHD kids would be fine if their parents chose to feed them something other than sugar.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

What's totally frustrating about this issue is that this solution is such a no-brainer (appropriate coming from her, I suppose). Kids with autism need lots of attention and a good diet as well as lots of excerse; more so than the rest of us "normals".

I have friends with Autistic siblings, and I know it's a huge stress for them. Not to mention the social stigma attached to Autism; many parents and families are letting their autistic children suffer because of their embarrassment and shame.

/steps of high horse, soap box

GP.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGreen View Post
First she propagates the myth that autism is caused by vaccines, which has been disproved over and over again yet has convinced enough people that children are now dying of measles because their parents are afraid to give them the shot, now she's claiming to have cured a heritable neurological disorder with vegetables.

And you are propagating the myth that Jenny McCarthy says she has cured autism with vegetables. Do you know the difference between the word "treat" and "cure"?

It's difficult enough to get healthy children to eat properly, so I am going to assume it's even harder to get a child with autism to eat properly. If a child eats healthier and gets their vitamins whether they are autistic or not, can you at least admit that maybe that might make that child's quality of life better?

Last edited by Blanco_Diablo; 03-09-2008 at 12:23 PM.