Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Yeah, that's funny because I know someone who works at a school and she claims all these stories and more strange 'ethnic' names. I always knew she was a full-of-shit bigot, but to hear the stories repeated from other parts of the country just proves it.
That's how I started to catch on. Every teacher's boyfriend or teacher's relative or whatever has the same stories.

That's what urban legends are made of. It never happened to the person telling the story. It's always a friend of a friend.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
That's an urban legend. Everyone says they know those girls. I even heard it in in a stand-up routine on Comedy Central. Them and the boy named Shithead (pronounced Sha-theed).
They weren't girls, they were guys, they went to a school in Fredricktown, Missouri. I played football and baseball against them. Believe what you will.

The "urban legend" has been around for a long time. Its possible these guys might have been named from that, I don't know. I wish I still had the football programs to prove it, but meh who cares.

Last edited by pala; 11-11-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I guess we're still talking about Lemonjello and Orangejello. The story I heard places them in elementary scool in Milwaukee within the last 5 years. The story also included that they were twins named that because their mother craved lemon and orange Jello while she was preggo with them.

Does that sound familiar?
I didn't even know they were named that until after my first game with them my freshman year, which would have been 1995 I believe. My dad saw their names in the program and showed me after the game. Didn't think a whole lot of it other than them having weird names, then I saw them again on a lineup card that spring when we played them in baseball.

I know no back story other than the "urban legends" back stories. Which as far as I know had nothing to do with these 2 dudes. Maybe it was a joke? Maybe it was some parents sick idea of something funny? I have no idea, I didn't personally know the guys other than whipping their asses at football and baseball (Fredricktown sucked at sports )

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...he.html?cat=25

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

I was at a high school football game a couple weeks ago. On one team there was a kid named Dave Matthews. On the other team there was a kid named Wilson Phillips. There was one play where the announcer told us all that Dave Matthews tackled Wilson Phillips.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
...Dave Matthews tackled Wilson Phillips.
He should be banned.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

I liked the one I saw in a newspaper a year or two ago.
Mr and Mrs Peacock decided to name their son Drew.
It wasn't until a few weeks later that they did a goggle search of their son's name that they realised that Drew Peacock might have another meaning. They said they weren't going to change it though, poor bastard.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

I knew a guy in Manteo NC named Winn Dough. of course he had a brother named John and a sister named Jane, but no sibling named play, alas. I also remember a radio broadcast I was hosting once where the guy "live on site" signed off as "Kunt Dunn"....I failed the professionalism test by being unable to respond for a good 45 seconds......Another guy reporting from Nags Head claimed to be covering the "stunt cunt" competition from Jockeys Ridge, no doubt a shock to the kite flyers on site.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

My cousin's last name is Case and she married a guy named Justin. If only the guy had to take the girl's last name!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have a customer named Dick Hert. Every time I write his name down I think why not Rich, Rick, or Richard? He goes by Dick Hert. Why? Why? Why?