Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree3Likes

Old 05-25-2015, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Recipient Is Coming.

So...I've got a new book coming out in a few months.

My publisher & I have just released a teaser trailer for my new novel "The Recipient" which will be released this October in print & digital.

The Recipient follows Casey Schillinge - a vivacious young woman on the verge of making her mark on the world. While on a backpacking holiday, she is struck down by a tropical disease and suffers cardiac failure. But at the eleventh hour, Casey receives a life-saving heart transplant - and a rare second chance to begin again.

Three years later, Casey has become a withdrawn shell of her former self: she is estranged from her loved ones, afraid of open spaces and rides the line between legitimate and criminal work. The worst of her troubles come in the form of violent night terrors; so frightening that she resorts to extreme measures to keep herself from sleeping. When she can take no more, she embarks on a desperate search for the source of her dreams. ​In so doing, she makes a shocking discovery surrounding the tragic fate of the donor whose heart now beats inside her chest. As she delves deeper into the mystery of her donor, she realizes her dreams are not a figment of her imagination, but a real life nightmare.

I'm hoping to get this trailer to get into as many eye holes as possible. So, I am going to offer 3 lucky readers the opportunity to win a signed print copy of the book and/or 2 digital copies.

What I'd like you to do, is up click the video at YouTube, comment on the video at YouTube and share the video at Facebook & Twitter. Now, in order to qualify for the prize draw, you need to tag me in your Facebook share or Twitter share (my handle there is @Hambledown_Road).

I'll be running the competition for a couple of weeks and will announce the winner thereafter.

It doesn't matter where you are in the world, I will be happy to ship you a copy to your home address. So, I hope you will help me out. Like, comment, share and tag me across YouTube, Facebook & Twitter to be in the running to win.

Brumski.
Bucho likes this.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool trailer. Clever way to promote a book,(in the digital age).

Did you find a literate yank to read it or..?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was hoping it was going to be about Deano's secret life as a bukkake recipient.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I was hoping it was going to be about Deano's secret life as a bukkake recipient.
Omg. Please make this a thing !!!

Narrated by Sir Scum a lot. Wearing nothing but a nurses cap and cock ring
Scumhook likes this.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

On a serious note. Dean do readers have to have read previous books to get into this one?
Old 05-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Can you imagine if he said "yes?"

Great question.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge View Post
On a serious note. Dean do readers have to have read previous books to get into this one?
No.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
No, but please buy them. I have to buy a new trampoline because I pood on the last one.
Notes from your editor.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
No.
Good. I can commit to one book. As long as I can understand the audio version; I'm in.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ahead of the October release of my new suspense thriller "The Recipient" I am inviting readers to sign up for exclusive news and updates via my official site.

As a token of my appreciation, I am offering new subscribers two free short novellas from my back catalog - The Regenesis Cluster & Feast.

Feast liner notes - "At the end of your life, will you just fade away to nothing or will you burn the candle just one more time?

Australian author Dean Mayes (Gifts of the Peramangk, The Hambledown Dream, The Regenesis Cluster) poses these questions in a thought provoking essay about living that will leave you emotionally moved and your mind crackling with possibilities."

The Regenesis Cluster liner notes - "On a still, moonlit night under the stars of the southern sky, something is about to happen beneath the ocean depths. A life that was cruelly snatched away will be suddenly returned by a phenomenon known only as The Regenesis Cluster.

The Regenesis Cluster is a short story that explores the nature of death and life and provides a visually stunning depiction of reincarnation."