Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Roadblocks

Hey guys here's my dilemma. My girlfriends douche-bag of an ex-boyfriend decided to crawl out of his hole and start calling and texting her with this I still love you shit. When she gave him the cold shoulder he turned it into the whole fuck you whore, i hate you shit. He's a little punk ass 22 year old - I'm 26 and this whole thing pretty much cracks me up how much of a pussy he is. Calling her sobbing saying I love you, then ten minutes later he hates her guts. But it bothers my girlfriend, no one likes to be called a whore. Up until now she has asked that I not get involved because she thought he would just go away, now he's calling her boss at 1AM waking him up. So now its my turn to play. The guy lives in NC so I really have no physical contact with the guy, I've never met him, never seen him. I doubt calling this guy to threaten him would do any good (being in VA and him in NC there isn't much of a chance of us bumping into each other) besides the fact that it just amuses me so much that he's a little crybaby - I am more inclined to resort to some sort of twisted answer to this problem that just leaves him going what the fuck just happened?

One idea I had was setting up a website devoted to this guy. My girlfriend has saved most of his voicemail's and texts in case we need to show the authorities, so I was thinking of posting this little bitches whiney voice and text messages on the page just to let everyone know what a little bitch he is. However that just wouldn't have the desired effect I am looking for.

The whole things falls in line with what Keith was saying about calling the fat lady on the street fat. Rather than getting into a whole screaming match about how I would beat the shit out of this kid, its much more satisfying if I can just find a way to destroy this kid mentally and emotionally. I don't think calling him fat would do the trick. But I figured since Keith and Chemda were always on the ball with relationship advice they might have something to say about this little issue. I also thought I would throw it out into the forums because you guys are usually on top of this stuff too. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

todd
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure that your "girlfriend" can change her phone number and that her boss doesn't care. I think acting like a little bitch to her ex-boyfriend will in the long run make you lose out. Eventually she will see what you are doing as childish and immature. Act like you don't care about him or her and he will fall by the wayside. Act your age.

Why is she even still talking to this guy on the phone anyways?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hmm, great idea. Instead of acting like a 26 year old yourself, you default to behavior that I would expect from someone in their mid to late teens.

A website is not a good idea, as even though you will succeed in embarrassing him, you will also put yourself in a position that can land you in a hell of a lot of trouble.

If you want to take the way that will make you feel like more of a man, and still has a shred of dignity and righteousness about it, then confront him, and tell him in no uncertain term to stop what he's doing. Don't leave any room for ambiguity, and don't threaten him in any direct way.

Though my personal suggestion would be to get the authorities involved. Warm him once if needs be, but if he's really being a douche, then the only way to get him to stop in no uncertain terms is to involve the policy, specifically in the form of a restraining order.

Show him how adult can fuck another adult, and don't forget, that kind of thing will follow him around, so he will eventually learn the lesson the hard way.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Slugy...She doesn't answer the phone... he leaves her voicemail. I'm not saying that I should act like a little bitch to him I was just thinking I might have some fun with the boy. I don't care about him is the point, his antics amuse me simply becuase they are childish, which is why I'm not threating to beat him up or getting all upset. However it is annoying that every ten seconds her phone is ringing or beeping because of this guy. Becuase of work and having the same phone number for 6 years she was hoping she wouldn't have to change it. I don't think standing up for her will in the end make me loose out. If you can't see the humor in the whole situation that's when the terrorists win.

ooda...Yes, I realize the adult thing to do is to alert the athorities and let bygones be bygones, (I will be alerting the authorities today by the way) As for the website, I realize you might be referring to slander and libel... however his own words and voicemails wouldn't be considered such (but that was just a thought). He has been warned to stop calling in no uncertain words. Its just getting to the point where the boy must be stupid.

Last edited by toddhacker; 06-13-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddhacker
She doesn't answer the phone... he leaves her voicemail. I'm not saying that I should act like a little bitch to him I was just thinking I might have some fun with the boy. I don't care about him is the point, his antics amuse me simply becuase they are childish, which is why I'm not threating to beat him up or getting all upset. However it is annoying that every ten seconds her phone is ringing or beeping because of this guy. Becuase of work and having the same phone number for 6 years she was hoping she wouldn't have to change it. I don't think standing up for her will in the end make me loose out. If you can't see the humor in the whole situation that's when the terrorists win.
No, but in the end she will she that you're just a slightly older version of him. The fact you're seriously considering dealing with this seemingly anxiety-provoking situation with pranks and whatnot doesn't say much about you.

And you're not standing up for her, you're just using this as way to have some fun, and at the same time give the impression you have protective traits about you.

If you were really serious, and it was as bad as you're saying, you'd go to the authorities about this.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

mmm...

A friend of mine once had a similar dilemma, and perhaps it's easier cos it's the same town, but this is what we, I mean they did.

4 guys wait for him outside a pub. When he comes out, grab him, put a bag on his head and beat the shit out of him for 5 minutes. Finish by saying "leave Xxxxx Xxxxx alone".

He never called her again.

Just sayin', sometimes violence can work.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
ooda...Yes, I realize the adult thing to do is to alert the athorities and let bygones be bygones, (I will be alerting the authorities today by the way) As for the website, I realize you might be referring to slander and libel... however his own words and voicemails wouldn't be considered such (but that was just a thought). He has been warned to stop calling in no uncertain words. Its just getting to the point where the boy must be stupid.
Seems like I didn't give you enough credit. Even though I don't recommend it, sometimes it may be necessary to take a more physical route. Get one of your friends (not you, as your face would be too recognizable) to give him a talking to. The fact that it will be coming from more than one person, and from someone who he doesn't know will get him, and I guess if needs be, a hook to the stomach may help.

Though you could always just turn the tables on him and call his place of work, parents or whatnot and in a serious manner tell them to tell him to stop doing what he's doing.

The main thing is to make him more aware of the wide-spreading effects of what he is doing.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

ooda... just so everyone is clear I am a big kid, I do enjoy pranks, and if that makes me seem like less of a grown up or man, then so be it. I just don't see why it can't be both. Why can't I be protective of her and want to keep this guy from upsetting her and at the same time do it in a childish manner. The only way to stand up for her isn't to put on my suit walk down to the courthouse and file a restraining order. I see it more of a "look how insignificant this guy is" type matter. I fully intend to take the appropriate couse of action, calling the authorities, alerting the cell phone company, if need be changing the number, blocking his number, alerting his supervisors in NC, and anything else that needs doing. I just thought at the same time I could have some fun. But I do appreciate you input. I don't know if I'm ready to beat the shit out of him just yet, that seems like such an easy solution. Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
ooda... just so everyone is clear I am a big kid, I do enjoy pranks, and if that makes me seem like less of a grown up or man, then so be it. I just don't see why it can't be both. Why can't I be protective of her and want to keep this guy from upsetting her and at the same time do it in a childish manner. The only way to stand up for her isn't to put on my suit walk down to the courthouse and file a restraining order. I see it more of a "look how insignificant this guy is" type matter. I fully intend to take the appropriate couse of action, calling the authorities, alerting the cell phone company, if need be changing the number, blocking his number, alerting his supervisors in NC, and anything else that needs doing. I just thought at the same time I could have some fun. But I do appreciate you input. I don't know if I'm ready to beat the shit out of him just yet, that seems like such an easy solution. Thanks again.
It's mainly just because I had the same thing happen to a girlfriend of mine a couple years back, so that's why I'm probably a bit more forceful than I should be.

Though you're not jumping into action without thinking, so that's a plus.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

i side w/ the acting adult way. mostly, it's your girlfriend's problem. since she's the one being harrassed, then she'll have to file the complaint. you can be there for her and help her out emotionally, etc. and, should the guy ever show up, then you can do your manly thing of intimidation or whatever. but i wouldn't go the way of actively seeking him out to confront.