Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Even without getting the Holmes reference, I knew he wasn't dead when I saw it was a helicopter crash. That's an easy one.

My money is on Tim taking over with Spoiler as his Robin. Then again, I stay away from speculation and interviews, so maybe I'm out of touch with where this is going. I doubt it will be Nightwing... Wolfman just got through fixing him and he's settling in. He also hasn't been affected by all of this in his own book as Tim has. Tim has been all "if Batman's missing, fine, I'll handle this shit" and Steph has been hanging around during it.

Steam | Gamertag | Twitter | YouTube
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
no-one ever really dies.
N.E.R.D., not only a cool band but also a way of life in the comicbook world!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokkratez View Post
Even without getting the Holmes reference, I knew he wasn't dead when I saw it was a helicopter crash. That's an easy one.

My money is on Tim taking over with Spoiler as his Robin. Then again, I stay away from speculation and interviews, so maybe I'm out of touch with where this is going. I doubt it will be Nightwing... Wolfman just got through fixing him and he's settling in. He also hasn't been affected by all of this in his own book as Tim has. Tim has been all "if Batman's missing, fine, I'll handle this shit" and Steph has been hanging around during it.
Sounds possible but Grant Morrison is anything but predictable so I have no damn idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
N.E.R.D., not only a cool band but also a way of life in the comicbook world!
I was relying on you to pick up on that .
Old 11-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Actually, I remember seeing somewhere a picture of Tim as Batman with Damian as Robin. Can't remember where.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokkratez View Post
Actually, I remember seeing somewhere a picture of Tim as Batman with Damian as Robin. Can't remember where.
They did a bunch of promo ones with everyone as Batman, I remember.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

there's still nightwing.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
That will all be touched on over many comics costing me lots of money. Link: ‘Batman: Battle For The Cowl’: Who Will Take Up The Mantle?

I'll say this, Grant Morrison's run on Batman has been the freshest in a couple of decades and nicely ties in all the stuff from the old comics that I love (and tend to put in my sig). His whole arc is well worth picking up.
I'll leave it you to tell me when the paperback for this story arc comes out. I know how much you want to convert me back to my old collecting ways. I still have 6 large boxes full in my closet and I have absolutely no idea what to do with them. I'd like to sell them but then I always say to myself, I may want to read them all again as well. LOL. Decisions, decisions...
Old 12-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
I'll leave it you to tell me when the paperback for this story arc comes out. I know how much you want to convert me back to my old collecting ways. I still have 6 large boxes full in my closet and I have absolutely no idea what to do with them. I'd like to sell them but then I always say to myself, I may want to read them all again as well. LOL. Decisions, decisions...
That answer is less straight forward than you may think. DC are bastards with their trades (where is the 52 hardback?).

The Batman RIP arc itself is out in February in oversized hardcover, I don't think there are any (public) plans for the softcover.

However, Grant Morrison's whole run comes together as one thought-out story that concludes with Batman RIP and the trades from that are out as Batman and Son and Batman: The Black Glove. There's the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul but you can skip that (mini crossover, only two issues of the main Batman title).