Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Saying Mean things while drunk

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know the episodes(s) where KATG discussed people who say mean things while drunk or to that effect.

I'm dealing with a situation where a friend said some really horrible things to me while drunk and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why?

Does Alcohol acts as a truth serum?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dont remember the episode but i remember what Chemda said and that i agreed with her.

It really depends on the person, she said. Some times alcohol brings out the venomous side in people, so they're mean, sometimes even violent. Sometimes they wouldnt hurt a fly or love you to pieces when sober but alcohol enhances the nagativity they have in their heart and turns them into monsters.

I used to be a mean, angry, violent drunk. Not all the time, but whenever i had some issues, alcohol made me become a vicious son of a bitch and i took it out on whoever was there, even (and a lot of times mostly) on people i loved. Other times it was stuff i had in my guts and that alcohol brought to surface.

Point is, truth serum or not, acting mean when drunk isnt good or fair. And the "i was drunk" excuse is bullshit. I think you should talk to your friend, and ask why. A drunk asshole is still an asshole and assholes need to be put in their place.

When people didnt do it to me i kept getting worse. Until someone put me back in my place and i stopped acting like a douche.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Exclamation

Me personally i am life's designated driver so when i am not busy keeping my friends from getting taking advantage of i am usually laughing at others funny/obnoxious behavior it is quite fun to watch how some people especially uptight co-workers after they have a few beers actually become some what fun ironically on the other hand some people just should not drink as their personal demons have a tendency to come out it always depends on the individual i guess.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm a mean drunk. But, I know that about myself and I know how many it takes to get me there. It took, like Junk, one of my nearest and dearest sitting me down and straight up letting me know. I was embarassed, but it needed tellin'. Actually, six years later and I'm still embarassed, but no longing hitting people in the face or throwing shit.

Sit him down, explain to him his actions and how they hurt you. (but, in a manlier way)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

We should've met back then, Birdie. We would've punched each other in the face and then laugh our asses off. But yeah, one needs to grow up.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Back in the day, when my life used to be shit, I was what you might call a sad drunk, I din't really get mean (well maybe judgemental of others and mean with words), but mostly I just got really sad and droopy.
Now that my life is in a lot of ways improved and I feel some pride for who I am, I am quite the happy drunk, most people don't mind if I'm drunk.

What I'm trying to say is basicly what Junkenstein allready said as well, it depends on the person what kind of drunk he/she will be. I do think the way people act when drunk reflects on how they feel somewhere deep down inside, so maybe the best thing to do is just talk to this friend of your's and see how deep inside this is, and if its worth either really talking it over, or maybe even breaking up the friendship.

I don't think anyone deserves beeing yelled at by a drunk, especially by a friend. But friends allso deserve a chance to explain their actions, even if they did it drunk.
If he/she is really your friend, and he/she means something to you, you deserve an explination and a chance to keep this friend.

This was my first post btw!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fuuuuuuck yooooouuuuuu!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well then Fuuuuuck Youuuu and welcome to the forums you drunken bastard.

PS: (It's a greeting)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

hahah thank you!
Ye I know its a greeting . Don't think I would really be offendid even if I din't know though.
I have listened to all the old shows before I joined the forum or listened to my first live show (last thursday). Don't know why really hehe. Kinda regret now not joining in when I first learned of KatG.
But well, here I am now and happy about beeing here!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Bill Burr once said something on his podcast that works here; "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts". People who say asshole things when drunk are assholes when they're sober too, they just lack balls.