Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

scam the KATG community?

i thought this issue was resolved. then on the 7th of april recieved a email from the winner, whom never got his shit. i have now been on hold for 9min 58 sec. he put me on hold as soon as i told him who i was. this sucks what a bunch of bullshit for only 100 fucking dollars. what a fucking douche.

This email was sent by mike heppe (Indianapolis Team Drunk Indy):--- Hey manI'm sure an apology is in order and if you are listening live or hear today's show you'll hear I made a bit of an ass of myself on the show. One of my buddies was over today and got an email from you or someone else in the league regarding the fantasy league. I apologize for the delay and long story short I got preoccupied with some personal issues in my life and completely forgot about the league and about the forums. I haven't logged onto the forums for quite some time and hadn't even logged into this site for a while. What is more surprising is that the emails that my buddy has seem to indicate that social security numbers were given out to someone and that there's been a proposed attack on me in the forums. I assure you that's unnecessary. A simple e-mail to me could have resolved any issue. It seems that everyone but me was emailed here except ME. Anyway, I've had so much going on lately that I don't even remember what the split was supposed to be. Is it 70-30 for first and second? Let me know and I'll get arrangements started to get your KATG stuff moving this evening.If you wanna give me a call in the morning my number is317-396-2174. (that's a work number so i won't be there tonight) ESPN Fantasy FootballParty! Super Party!

Last edited by i'minu; 04-09-2010 at 09:03 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

What?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

sorry i guess i should have included all 9 of us paypalled him our $10.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

care to explain more? I still don't get it.

and submarineguy has a KATG tattoo.....
Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thats the reason I didn't join the league. I didn't know that guy from anyone, if you want to do a Fantasy league with people you don't know you need to do it through a 3rd party place that holds your money and distributes it to the winners when the league is over. I know ESPN used to do that, there are a couple other fantasy sites that do it as well. Just have to do some research.

I feel bad for you guys I really do, but honestly you send 10 bucks to someone that you have no idea who they are, you should never expect to see it again.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post

I'm guessing he's saying that the dude ran off with the money from the league. Thats what I gather.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

And....what now?

He's not hard to find. 30 seconds and I found him.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So who contacted him? Or did he just happen to conveniently read this and immediately call into the show?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
I'm guessing he's saying that the dude ran off with the money from the league. Thats what I gather.
sorry i'm not good at conveying my message. but yes we sent him the money and after almost two months he has yet to contact anyone. i've emailed and pm'd him a few times, with no response. sorry if now i'm the asshole, if he did send the money then how come he didn't tell us. i even wrote him a message, saying emergencies happen, sure the money might have got spent but let us know whats up.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala View Post
Thats the reason I didn't join the league. I didn't know that guy from anyone, if you want to do a Fantasy league with people you don't know you need to do it through a 3rd party place that holds your money and distributes it to the winners when the league is over. I know ESPN used to do that, there are a couple other fantasy sites that do it as well. Just have to do some research.

I feel bad for you guys I really do, but honestly you send 10 bucks to someone that you have no idea who they are, you should never expect to see it again.
yes i'm a sucker for trusting people.