Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Seeking Comedians in the Northwest - Performance Opportunity

Hello, KATG nation!

I know I'm not the only listener to have been inspired by this podcast to get into comedy. It was just a little over a year ago that listening to Keith and Chemda interview comedian after amazing comedian made me decide to give standup a try. Now I host and organize a successful open mic / showcase in Olympia, WA. We typically have a big, fun crowd of people actually there to see a show, not just a bunch of comedians waiting for their turn and not listening. It's been a fantastic experience and it never would have happened if not for KATG.

At the moment, I'm putting together our first few shows of 2012 and thought it only proper that I extend an invitation to any I-5 area comedians from the KATG world who would like to come have some fun with us in Olympia. We take donations at the door and pay out from that - usually in the $15-$20 range. I realize that's not an impressive sum, but like I said before - the crowd we draw is tremendous fun to perform for. Oly is a town that truly loves comedy and is always excited to see new performers. The spots I have in mind to fill here are ten minute features and we'll at least put some gas money in your pocket for making the trip.

So if you're interested and in the I-5 area, please comment in this thread. If you have a video to link to either in the thread or in private, that would be cool. I'll get in touch with you privately about the particulars and we'll put something together. Thanks everyone!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

What if we were from Oly and wanted to know where to go to see the show?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm all for that, absolutely! I just wanted to be clear that I was using the forums to find fellow performers among the KATG NW crowd, not to spam my event.

The show is every Tuesday night at 9:30 at the Royal Lounge. We start off w/ an open mic, then go into a showcase with longer sets from both locals and guests down from the Seattle area.

If you're in town you should definitely come! Tomorrow's show is a roast so there's no open mic.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Kudos on putting together a successful event!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Double kudos!

I went last tuesday and it was a lot of fun. Loved the jazz music really set the tone for a great night of comedy! Loved the roast was funny and if i wasnt such a manly man i would have cried too at the sentimental parts.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you, scruples! That was our second roast - it got a little meaner than the first one because the comics have had time to really get to know each other and therefore where exactly under the ribs to stick the knife.

And thank you as well, sparrow! I only wish this were going on a little closer to the main hubs of the KATG world!