Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Should Keith See Scott Pilgirm?/Would he like it?
YES AND YES! Awesome movie and Keith will think this movies is Aces+ 7 14.58%
Yes and No- I can't wait to hear Keith rip on this fucking ridiculous movie 24 50.00%
No and No- Its a stupid movie and people are stupid for liking it 2 4.17%
Yes he should see it, hell Chemda should see it too 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Should Keith see Scott Pilgrim?/Would he like it?

It seems that everyone who mentioned it in the movie thread (myself included) loves Scott Pilgrim (80% on rotten tomatoes for another comparison)

Personally this is probably going to be one of my top 10 movies of all time (and I didn't much care for the books either, I don't think this movie had a single flaw that was not a core flaw within the books themselves)

I think that Keith will probably hate it, but at the same time he would probably have a lot of fun ripping into just how utterly nerdy it is

And it will be a lot of fun hearing about it

Hell, I also think that Chemda should see it just so we can have a repeat of Mike Lawrence's show with her utter lack of understanding anything that is going on in this movie (That's not meant to sound like an insult, its just its a SUPER nerdy movie and Chemda doesn't seem like she "gets" thats stuff)

Either that or we may get another nice surprise like watchmen, really did any expect that Keith would like that.

I put this poll up for 2 reasons

1. There has been a lot of talk about how crazy Keith's taste in movies are lately this could be the ultimate test as it is pretty much the most Niche movie ever made.

2. Since this movie has made NO money the theaters already seem to be cutting back on it. I go to a 24 cinema and despite it only coming out 5 DAYS AGO it was only playing 4 times today, not 4 theaters, 4 SHOWINGS. compared to the expendables, a movie that opened the same day, having over 12 showings. So They might not have a lot of time to see it

Last edited by doctorsleep; 08-19-2010 at 01:59 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

YouTube - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World | trailer #2 US (2010)

I can't figure out how to embed beacuse I fail at computer so here is a trailer.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

i can assure you whole heartedly keith will hate it, I get all the references and I do not like it myself
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

It kinda drives me nerd-nuts that people who would love this movie aren't going to see it. It's not gonna be the same seeing in on the small screen. But I don't think Keith should go. It's not a movie meant for a general audience. I'm glad they made it, but the whole thing was bananas from top to bottom. I don't know how they thought it was gonna work out any better than it did.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfalsh View Post
I get all the references
The hell you do! Knowing all the references wouldn't make you like the movie any better, but there are things so obscure and throw away in that story, it's crazy. Kerrigan from freaking Starcraft is referenced in that movie, super-indirectly, through a re-writing of a line from the comic. It goes a lot deeper than recognizing some Zelda music.

Fucking super slurp!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Second Cup is way better than Tim Horton's.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I haven't seen the movie yet, (looking forward to seeing it) but judging from what I've heard about it there is no way Keith would like this movie.

Also, where's the option "No Keith shouldn't see it / Yes he would love it but I don't want Keith to feel happiness"
Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I haven't seen the movie yet, (looking forward to seeing it) but judging from what I've heard about it there is no way Keith would like this movie.

Also, where's the option "No Keith shouldn't see it / Yes he would love it but I don't want Keith to feel happiness"
Damn, see I was thinking of including a No/yes option, but I had no idea how I should have done it.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yes he should see it, and no he wont like it. I enjoyed it, but it would be entertaining to hear him go off on it.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No he should not see it, because he would hate it.

I dont see why should he spend money for seeing stuff he hates and hearing him rip on movies has run its course. I'm actual more pleased when i hear he liked a movie (like "Inception"). As much as i like the curmudgeon-y keith rants, i feel that he really gets bored by watching movie he dislikes and that's not entertaining to me anymore.