Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Should Keith See Scott Pilgirm?/Would he like it?
YES AND YES! Awesome movie and Keith will think this movies is Aces+ 7 14.58%
Yes and No- I can't wait to hear Keith rip on this fucking ridiculous movie 24 50.00%
No and No- Its a stupid movie and people are stupid for liking it 2 4.17%
Yes he should see it, hell Chemda should see it too 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #21 (permalink)

it's basically a live action anime with loads of wacky hipster humor. I loved it, but I imagine Keith won't like it. does anyone remember if he liked/saw Kick-Ass? if he didn't like that, he will HATE HATE HATE Scott Pilgrim!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshnobobo2.0 View Post
i def blame the people who marketed this movie for its failure. i should not have had to got to the imdb to see it was from the same person as Shawn of the dead and hot fuzz. the general public knowing this would have at least doubled the audience.
The marketing murdered it in its sleep. I refuse to watch this movie just because the tagline ("An epic epic of epicness") fucking infuriates me. And the concept is pretty gay, too.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
it's basically a live action anime with loads of wacky hipster humor. I loved it, but I imagine Keith won't like it. does anyone remember if he liked/saw Kick-Ass? if he didn't like that, he will HATE HATE HATE Scott Pilgrim!
I really don't see the correlation here, other then they were comic books. I think Kick-Ass was total shit, still love Scott Pilgrim.

Kick-Ass, jesus christ, I really wanted somebody to just shoot that idiot in the head.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Can see that about Kick Ass. The Graphic Novel had unlikeable characters on purpose (WAAAAAAAAAY more unlikeable than the movie). It was drawn beautifully but it was mostlya very hateful reflection on super heros and nerds. I doidnt want to watch the movie but they lightened it up a lot.

Bob, Scott Pilgrim has a gay concept? Have you ever read the comic? If your answer is no, you dont know what you're talking about (litterally not metaphorically)
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I loved the movie and plan on buying it for everyone I know this holiday season. I do not think that Keith will like it, I think he will find it silly, childish and annoying.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

i liked watchmen, kickass, and scott pilgrim, did not see the big deal bout bloody valentine 3d

keiths taste in movies unknowable... =p
Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

I have no fucking clue how Keith liked Watchmen, I almost wanted to refund my friend's money for getting them to go with me. It was bad.

I thought Scott Pilgrim was entertaining, and kind of fun. All the geeky almost hidden gems were icing on the cake. But I doubt Keith, or most of America would like it.

Kick Ass was great because the first 15 min I thought it would suck, and it did a 360 then that little girl was fucking awesome.

Now if they would ever make the fucking Y: The Last Man movie(s) half as good as the books, that would be nice perfect natural tits in my/your face!
I'm glad Shia LeDouche isn't going to be in it anymore, but this also means they prob won't make it anymore. Assholes.

I'm looking forward to the (at least) two other Zach Galifinakis movies this year though.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'm confident that Keith and Chemda have enough content for the show as it is, without Keith deliberately going to see a movie he think he will hate.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
Now if they would ever make the fucking Y: The Last Man movie(s) half as good as the books, that would be nice perfect natural tits in my/your face!
I honestly think Y: The Last Man was my least favorite comic book of all time. There has never been a bigger, more ridiculous pussy in the history of fiction than Yorrick. The guy who wrote it has some serious misandry issues. It made me feel uncomfortable just reading it.

If you haven't read Preacher yet, give it a shot. It'll make you feel good about yourself, instead of being about a little wiener who has crazy therapists tying him to trees and reminding him of all the times he pissed himself.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
it's basically a live action anime with loads of wacky hipster humor.
This is pretty much why I don't want to see this movie. Part of me wants to because I love Edgar Wright and I know he did a really good job on the technical end of things with this movie. However, the other part of me cannot possibly sit through a wacky hipster movie no matter how many nerd references they make to try to please me. Which is really a shame because as far as people have told me, the visuals sounded cartoony in the same sense that the Cutie Honey movie was, and that is one of my favorite movies in terms of visuals.

Unfortunately I think that the amount I hate the plot/would probably hate the hipster bits outweigh how much I would like the technical bits.

As for Keith--I don't think he should go see it. Why should he? I really don't think this is his type of movie. That doesn't make it a bad movie, it just isn't for Keith. If you want to make him go watch a movie he'll hate so that he'll rant about it, why not pick something far funnier?