Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
No you don't! Do you?

(I'm serious!)
No not really, although I would say it to my friends. I can't remember anyone actually showing me photos of their kids though. I must have a dont-give-a-shit look.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #32 (permalink)

I hate that whenever I tell people I hate kids, their first defense is always,

"You were a kid once!"

OK. So what? I'm sure I annoyed the shit out of some people too. I'm no longer a child (physically), and I have no desire to be around them if I can help it.

I have a few co-workers who are the same age as me (or younger) with kids, and I always feel a tiny bit more distant from them when they tell me they have kids. It kind of drives a wedge between us, because I can't talk with venomous hatred about kids, because they get all offended.

I have a feeling I'll eventually get fired from work because of it. Hearing a child crying sends me into an instant fury, and if I'm somewhere that I can't escape ear-shot of it, like being on register, I scream out (no matter how near or far the child-family is) "SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT? MAKE IT STOP!" or something else equally rude. GO HOME! You might be used to the noise, but I'm not, and I don't want to hear it!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
To back up DWarrior lets get some context.

1. How old are you?

2. Do you have kids?

3. Do you want kids?

4. Are you in a relationship with someone who wants kids?

5. Are you a whiny little bitch who whines like a little bitch about people griping about their kids ( a totally normal part of raising kids )

5 is the most important one because I'm pretty sure thats the genesis of this thread.
1. 24

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes, but:

<1> we are a gay couple
<2> he knows I don't want kids
<3> if I did ever decide to have kids, I would know that I made the decision, and that both good and bad things come with said decision. So I wouldn't annoy people who had no part in my decision by constantly bitching about them.

5. Reread my initial post, I already answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
siric, your rant was weak, I'm tired of people making threads like this without context. Why the fuck are you in a position to hear parents spend an hour bitching about kids? Do you have kids of your own? In that case realize that any group of people with a common interest that get together spend a considerable amount of time bitching about the difficulties their situation presents.

I hereby declare this thread the place to bitch about people's bitching about their kids.
You want some context?

I live in Utah, the land of superfluous reproduction.

I have nine nieces/nephews. My two siblings keep squeezing them out and every time they get pregnant they whine about the pregnancy the whole time, then after they give birth they whine about how they can't sleep, they don't know why the baby won't stop crying, etc etc.

And now my roommate's girlfriend is pregnant and thinks her horrible relationship will magically be fixed by bringing an innocent third party into her awful life situation.

And finally, thanks for restating my purpose in starting this thread, but I don't need your unintended support.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
I hate that whenever I tell people I hate kids, their first defense is always,

"You were a kid once!"

OK. So what? I'm sure I annoyed the shit out of some people too. I'm no longer a child (physically), and I have no desire to be around them if I can help it.

I have a few co-workers who are the same age as me (or younger) with kids, and I always feel a tiny bit more distant from them when they tell me they have kids. It kind of drives a wedge between us, because I can't talk with venomous hatred about kids, because they get all offended.

I have a feeling I'll eventually get fired from work because of it. Hearing a child crying sends me into an instant fury, and if I'm somewhere that I can't escape ear-shot of it, like being on register, I scream out (no matter how near or far the child-family is) "SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT? MAKE IT STOP!" or something else equally rude. GO HOME! You might be used to the noise, but I'm not, and I don't want to hear it!
This is an honest response and prolly about 85% of the population actually feel this way but feel weird about saying so.

I also didn't realize how many people felt weird when looking at other peoples baby pictures, I always comment on the eyes and compliment. The only reason people show you baby pictures is for the compliments...I know this first hand ;-)
Old 09-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So calling other people's babies "grenades" is not the way to go?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
So calling other people's babies "grenades" is not the way to go?
As a rule of thumb....no, but as a new parent myself I can assure you I would assume you meant he was the cutest grenade you ever laid eyes on

;-)
Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

Kids are especially dumb until they're like 4 or 5. They can't move, eat, or do anything on their own. Even a zebra or those african deer can manage from day one, or else they get eaten.

Plus they're loud.

Last edited by slam_858; 09-27-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Pic related
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

I don't particularly like or want kids. I'm 23. I can deal with kids for short periods of time. But I have to know them and have some other investment in them. Like they're my friend's kid. Not being gaga over kids is especially looked down upon if you are a girl. When my friend had her kid over at my apartment once and it started crying, I put my hands over my ears kind of instinctively...like I'm trying to think and lemme block this shit out so I can continue this thought...and my roommate was like WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?! I don't think my hormones will change this not wanting kids business. People assert that it will. And even so, I know I'm damaged enough to go ahead and stop it at me. My babies should be inanimate objects. Writing is the way I should procreate.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam_858 View Post
Kids are especially dumb until they're like 4 or 5.
Until I get a job I'm stuck at my sister's house with her twin 4 year old kids. Trust me, they're still dumb.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #40 (permalink)

Ok here's the thing. I really love my kids. When they were younger we had heaps of fun together and we did cool stuff. And when they got older I could have interesting conversations with them and they taught me heaps about life from their perspective.

There aren't many chances in life to have such an influence on another human and watch how it all turns out. It's an incredibly rewarding relationship, and I've not had that kind of relationship with anyone else.

And now they are grown ups, I still think they are awesome. Still fun to hang out with. I can hear my influence in their ideas, but they've shaped their own opinions around that. It's cool.

My daughter just texted me and said "thanks for being my mum, you are awesome <333". That's pretty cool too.

Possibly I'm just a megalomaniac and you guys who don't want kids aren't.