Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
If anyone can find these pics and post em, that'd be groovy.
[I]
[I]July 7, the release date for the new Smashing Pumpkins album Zeitgeist, is only two months away. However, after waiting seven years since the last Smashing Pumpkins release, some zealous fans just couldn't wait sixty-something more days, and took matters into their own hands.

Last week, the band's Chicago rehearsal studio was robbed; the thieves are now in jail.
Smashing Pumpkins still have fans?

and

Ha! Billy Corgan is such an asshole he'll want them prosecuted to the full extent of the law and banned from all their shows.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
Smashing Pumpkins still have fans?.
I still listen to the Pumpkins, not as often as before but they're still a big influence on me.

Billy can be a prick but I don't base my musical tastes on the personality of the band members. I remember hearing an interview with him and thinking, "What a fucking temperamental asshole!" and then another interview he was nice as pie (very nice).

Quote:
Ha! Billy Corgan is such an asshole he'll want them prosecuted to the full extent of the law and banned from all their shows.
If someone robbed your shit wouldn't you want to fuck them back? I'm sure Keith wouldn't high five John Petrie if he found him.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
If someone robbed your shit wouldn't you want to fuck them back? I'm sure Keith wouldn't high five John Petrie if he found him.
I don't think I'd be a complete prick about it. I'd want them to do community service and pay a fine not do serious time.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Aren't they all so drugged out none of this would really be worth it? i mean, some junkies can write some good music, don't get me wrong. But after all this time, them getting back together is kind of like a "meh"/shrug kinda thing..
Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

way to bring back an OLD thread, B-Dub.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat View Post
Aren't they all so drugged out none of this would really be worth it? i mean, some junkies can write some good music, don't get me wrong. But after all this time, them getting back together is kind of like a "meh"/shrug kinda thing..
I know Jimmy was drugged out during the Mellon Collie era but he's been clean for a few years as far as I know. Not sure what it is but I can't get enough of Corgans' songs. Maybe this new album will just be a kick for the old diehard fans. I can understand why the general consensus is that they were crap after Mellon Collie but I liked that they tried something a bit different. Writing the same kind of music over and over is like Spooky drawing the same ninja the exact same way over and over. Or Keith shitting in the same drawer over and over again. You need to try new things and please yourself with the music you write or you'll have no conviction or passion when you perform the songs.

Because I was such a fan of theirs and never saw them live, I'm just hoping they tour here and I get to finally see them. The new album could be shit and they might disappear completely after this but I'll take what I can get.

Rant maybe? Jebus!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

smashing pumpkins rules, can't wait for their next album. smiley face
Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

I've never liked Smashing Pumpkins. But Billy Corgan says Pink Floyd (who I fucking love) are of one of his biggest influences. Plus he had a hand in producing Hole's album Celebrity Skin (one of my top three fave albums ever)... so maybe I should give them another chance?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm curious to hear the new album, and to see what kind of reception the band gets on tour, etc. This thread has reminded me of something I haven't thought about in awhile. When I was in high school (like '92 or '93), a friend of mine saw Guns n' Roses at one of the Chicago area arenas and Smashing Pumpkins opened the show. My friend told me that the Pumpkins were pretty much heckled off stage. This was during the "Use Your Illiusion" tour, and Guns n' Roses were HUGE. Funny to consider that, a few years later, those two bands would be on opposite ends of the spectrum from where they were that night.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

30 sec 'Tarantula' clip and Zeitgeist album cover revealed

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ywtqxlknom
It's the first single so I'm hoping the album is heavier - this sound like heavier Zwan. But 30 seconds from 1 song is barely anything to go by.