Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
that main dude is over the hill, sounds like he wants to relive his rocker youth. bands end for a reason dude.

i do like this songs on Rockband tho
Yea, 41 is over the hill.

That vid sounds terrible because it's an audience-perspective bootleg likely recorded with a telephone. He doesn't sound as great as he did 15 years ago, but the newest album sounds pretty good.

Very few albums hold up for 15 years, and Pumpkins have a couple that are as fun to listen to now as they were then. One of the best pop-grunge bands of the 90s.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

They were criticized by the media for this gig (launch party for the new Guitar Hero: World Tour) and several other concerts lately for not playing enough of their hits. I'm glad that they're not relying on previous successes just to appease people. If you've seen them play Zero, Tonight Tonight and 1979 before why would you want to see them play it again? If I had the privilege of being able to see them more than once in concert I'd hope that the two setlists were entirely different. I've always been a big fan so having them come back and continue to make new music is aces 10 for me. Sure Billy might be getting older but he can still rock the pants off (or skirts in his case at times) of many other bands and can still write great music. As soon as they start writing 1979 part 2 then part 3 (looking at you Metallica) then I'll jump off the Pumpkin wagon but they've been a consistently great band for me.

2 weeks till Guitar Hero 4! Woo; can't wait to play G.L.O.W. on there and all the Tool songs on my new home theater set up.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #43 (permalink)

Even when they did use to play their old songs (with the old band), they used to do alternative versions of them that were quite a bit different from the album versions.

I'm not a huge fan of the Zeitgeist though... Machina II is still the last Pumpkins album for me
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #44 (permalink)

Way to rehash an old thread but...

I have a ticket to see Smashing Pumpkins tonight here in Perth and a couple hours ago I won a meet & greet with Billy Corgan a few hours before the show. I am absolutely shitting my pants that I'm going either;

A) Say nothing at all and be a weirdo douche
or
B) Say too much and be a weirdo douche

Either way, this is going to end in soiled pants.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
Way to rehash an old thread but...

I have a ticket to see Smashing Pumpkins tonight here in Perth and a couple hours ago I won a meet & greet with Billy Corgan a few hours before the show. I am absolutely shitting my pants that I'm going either;

A) Say nothing at all and be a weirdo douche
or
B) Say too much and be a weirdo douche

Either way, this is going to end in soiled pants.
I met the pumpkins briefly in 2000 when the played a free show at the mall.
I was a silent weirdo douch and it worked out okay.Go with option A
Old 10-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #46 (permalink)

The meeting was quick but awesome. We got to watch them soundcheck Stumbleline which was awesome, 2nd row with Jess from the Veronicas in front of us (his new gf, f’ing weird). Brought a bunch of stuff to get signed but we were told we could only get one thing signed, one photo, say a quick Hey how are ya, then move on to the other band members then bye. NO SHAKING HANDS - they don't want anyone getting sick so this was stressed. We were all given a band photo to get signed but I got Billy to sign his poetry book, then the rest of the band signed the photo.

The gig was awesome – heaps of new stuff plus Drown, Eye, Cherub Rock, Shame, Today, Tonight, Landslide acoustic, drum solo to Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin (new drummer is incredible), a few jams to Gossamer, and over just awesome. 2 hours 15 and a headache from the intense lighting later and it was over.

He may be old and past his prime but the show blew away anything of seen for a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brian&Billy.jpg (78.5 KB, 316 views)