Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Sober July (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/sober-july-21086/)

CherryLavender 07-02-2018 01:30 PM

Sober July

Anyone KATGer's out there want to join me in a completely sober July? I'm doing it, started yesterday.

I've been alcohol free since October 2015 and I've realized I have substituted my alcohol addiction to marijuana and I'm unhappy that I've done that and am changing it.

KATG is my AA/church/whatever community you want to call it, and I'm seeing if there's anyone out there that has been questioning their use and want to check in with yourself.

I would love some company.

Amanda

The Girl 07-03-2018 07:38 AM

Happy to cheer you along!

I still want to smoke weed but I’ve given up sex if that counts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CherryLavender 07-03-2018 08:54 AM

I'll take it. If you lose you will owe the other a babillion doll hairs.

Thanks for your support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 869210)
Happy to cheer you along!

I still want to smoke weed but I’ve given up sex if that counts. :)

llahekaj 07-04-2018 05:08 PM

I started 'trying' to being Sober once i got home from KATG weekend this year, a couple things during KATG weekend this year, when i was drunk im not totally happy with... lol
So i was sober for 3 weeks afterwards. First time ive not drunk in a couple days let alone 3 weeks in over 10 years. (I'm 28)
All the sober talk on KATG made me think about my life style and if i really want to be like that.

Peer pressure is real, and going to hang out with mates you usually drink with, and not drinking... is hard.
But im making an effort to drink less since KATG weekend. (He says being drunk at home alone on a Wednesday night)
I know i have an issue, i'm working on it.

Ill try and be sober more during July?

Jake

Keith 07-04-2018 08:13 PM

Are you an alcoholic?

llahekaj 07-05-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 869270)
Are you an alcoholic?

Me? I’d say most likely. :shrug:

The Girl 07-12-2018 08:18 AM

How’s sober July going?

For me, NOT doing something means I have to pause a lot and ask what I want and why I want it before taking the next action. That’s the hardest part about about changing a habit. I want the familiar or the thing that will give me something NOW. But the discipline of waiting a moment has been very helpful.

SpareBen 07-12-2018 08:43 AM

Listening to a 2008 episode wherein a chocolate confection is described as "better than sex." Chemda disagrees: "All my favorite foods food in a room, or behind door number two, sex. Goodbye, I'd rather starve."

Sorry to hijack the Sober July thread, just aware of how difficult this celibacy thing can be :).