Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
Mad Men is one of those smart shows that doesn't get the props it deserves.

On Hulu:
Really? I think Mad Men gets Mad Props (oh, puns). Despite Jon Hamm not winning the Emmy, he's guaranteed stardom at this point. I wasn't totally on board after netflix-ing the first season, I liked it, but just liked it. Season 2, however, really turned me around. All my friends need to catch up on Hulu so we'll have something to fucking talk about. Pete Campbell (played by Vincent Kartheiser) is one of my all time favorite TV characters.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

This thread has lots of good stuff in it and this should help non-Americans stream Hulu (not tried it though).
Old 10-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planned Brotherhood View Post
Really? I think Mad Men gets Mad Props (oh, puns). Despite Jon Hamm not winning the Emmy, he's guaranteed stardom at this point. I wasn't totally on board after netflix-ing the first season, I liked it, but just liked it. Season 2, however, really turned me around. All my friends need to catch up on Hulu so we'll have something to fucking talk about. Pete Campbell (played by Vincent Kartheiser) is one of my all time favorite TV characters.
Isn't winning a shittton of emmys 'props?' The Wire on the other hand has only received a smattering of director/writer nominations over 5 seasons. That my friend is how you not get props.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

My new fav show....

Capadocia (Spanish HBO)

If you speak spanish or don't mind subtitles, this is an awesome show, I get it on the HBO section of On Demand:

From LA Times Review:

"Capadocia," the new 13-part HBO Latino TV series about a Mexican women's prison that has already had a successful run on Mexican pay television, doesn't exactly turn up its nose at cellblock sensationalism. Although there's no shortage of brutal mayhem and gratuitous skin, the series, which premiered last week, attempts to go beyond exploitation and shed light on the systemic corruption and inequity of Mexico's criminal justice network.

So nefarious are Mexico's penal colonies -- including Mexico City's infamous Santa Marta Acatitla penitentiary, on which the series is based -- that "Capadocia" could be regarded more as a reality show than a melodrama, said Guillermo Rios, one of its principal directors and co-writers. The series is especially timely given the recent spree of kidnappings, beheadings and other drug-related orgiastic violence engulfing Mexico.

Individual chapters of "Capadocia" incorporate elements of some real-life crimes that have haunted Mexico lately. Episode 9, for instance, folds in a subplot about a serial killer of elderly women, based on a real incident.

Mirroring the mounting anxieties of the country's middle and upper classes, "Capadocia" also makes the point that no one is exempt from becoming a crime victim -- or suspect. De la Reguera's character, Lorena Guerra, leads a seemingly charmed life, complete with hunky husband and bourgeois creature comforts. But when she winds up on the wrong side of "the law," she realizes how delusional her middle-class sense of security was.

And as savage as Mexican men's prisons are, the situation is often even more dire for incarcerated women.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

The Daily Show can be streamed internationally on The Daily Show website (just in case anyone else not from the US likes the show...)

Anyone know any other shows you can stream internationally?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

South Park probably works with the above tip.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

TV shows from abroad

Just to add, that almost anything can be had via Mininova, a torrent site.

I find the speed to be great, even if things are a couple of seasons old.

Last edited by C.T.HOLM; 10-10-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: link
Old 10-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.T.HOLM View Post
Just to add, that almost anything can be had via Mininova, a torrent site.

I find the speed to be great, even if things are a couple of seasons old.
Well if we're gonna do this...

EZTV - TV Torrents Online (eztvefnet.org is now eztv.it)

That group is the one that releases all of the TV shows you end up trying to find either on Limewire or Mininova... and you're assure internal releases not some rejunked crap on some other site. Also, they're very... very quick
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

On torrents.

From the applications thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
TED stands for Torrent Episode Downloader. This lovely little program checks the tv shows you select for new episodes landing on bit torrent sites with whatever regularity you desire and downloads them automagically in your bit torrent client of choice. I wub this program, I wub it hard. Works on PCs and Macs - eeeebony and iiiivory....

Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
arrested development > family guy

and that is why hulu is amazing
blasphemy!