Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think I'm getting internet from the Ramada on Kingsway right now. 70% torrent vs 30% battery. WHO WILL WIN!??!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithM
I think I'm getting internet from the Ramada on Kingsway right now. 70% torrent vs 30% battery. WHO WILL WIN!??!
I'm going to have to say torrent. With Telus my download speeds go from 164K/s to 20K/s when I'm uploading at full tilt, so I always throttle my uploads. I'll stop my downloading (shitty movie anyway), and get your speeds up a bit.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

It worked! BC represent! Now I'm gonna go buy some groceries! FUCK YEAH!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Okay everyone, good news and bad news.

Good news is that the show really does sound great, and now I just have to wait about three hours to wait for it to finish encoding.

The bad news is that I used a different program to record the show, and the problem is that it did its job too well. There were times when the show feed stopped, and instead of writing those times down on a piece of paper as I should have, I instead assumed that I could just look at where there is silence in Audacity later. The problem is that the program I used edited out the silence on the fly, so they'll be a couple points (probably all up less than five minutes) where some of the show is repeated, as this is what the feed does when it fucks up.

So now I'd like to ask everyone a favor. When I upload the show (in a few hours), I'd appreciate it that if you come along one of those fuck-ups, then you post the time at which it happened over here. When we've got most if not all of them, I'll edit the original again, and upload it.

That said, it won't be much of a problem at all the just skip over those parts when you listen to the show.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Okay everyone, good news and bad news.

Good news is that the show really does sound great, and now I just have to wait about three hours to wait for it to finish encoding.

The bad news is that I used a different program to record the show, and the problem is that it did its job too well. There were times when the show feed stopped, and instead of writing those times down on a piece of paper as I should have, I instead assumed that I could just look at where there is silence in Audacity later. The problem is that the program I used edited out the silence on the fly, so they'll be a couple points (probably all up less than five minutes) where some of the show is repeated, as this is what the feed does when it fucks up.

So now I'd like to ask everyone a favor. When I upload the show (in a few hours), I'd appreciate it that if you come along one of those fuck-ups, then you post the time at which it happened over here. When we've got most if not all of them, I'll edit the original again, and upload it.

That said, it won't be much of a problem at all the just skip over those parts when you listen to the show.
That's not very bad, bad news. Awesome that you were able to get all of it, and we all thank you repeatedly for it!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
That's not very bad, bad news. Awesome that you were able to get all of it, and we all thank you repeatedly for it!

Trust me, it's worth listening to, if just for the parts where Matt, er, I mean Uncle Milty reads out his jokes.

Should be up in about two hours. My Macbook Pro is working its little heart out.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda

Trust me, it's worth listening to, if just for the parts where Matt, er, I mean Uncle Milty reads out his jokes.

Should be up in about two hours. My Macbook Pro is working its little heart out.
Hoist one to the Ausie,
(and the mac book pro)
Old 07-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

ooda makes me proud to be a member of team humping animals

Old 07-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

thanks Ooda, can't wait to listen...
Old 07-09-2006, 01:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
ooda makes me proud to be a member of team humping animals

Dr Dan, your stunningly rugged good looks are enough to keep me as a proud member of Team Humping Animals.