Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree6Likes

Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Tell us what you think about our YouTube videos?

We’ve been creating video clips from recent episodes of the show. We’re wondering:
  1. Do you like them as they are?
  2. What changes would you make?
  3. Have you shared, liked or commented on any of the videos?
Here's the link to the YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/keithandthegirl

Thanks for your feedback!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

1. They're cool to watch on occasion, but I've already listened to the show, so should I go back and watch?

2. The quality is great. Love the multiple cameras. I guess people need a reason to watch them even if they already heard the show. Not sure what that is. Bonus animation? (Which sounds like a TON of work!)

3. I've done all three.

The videos are great for new listeners or not yet listeners.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

They are really high quality videos, your video editor is amazing. I liked it when you guys put the videos on the home page with the show notes. OO, OO, idea. Maybe link each clip to each show note. For example:

— Take Back The Night: Ben Lerman, who's one of the gay people that took over Keith's rainbow, is in studio
— We Like To Party: Inspired by the recent Lil Jon remix of Bret Michaels' 'Nothin' But a Good Time,' Keith finds similar reduxes of Donna Lewis and Nat King Cole songs
— Father Of The Year: A man showed up to court dressed in full Nazi regalia to fight for custody of his children Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Hons, Honzlynn Jeannie, and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation
— Called Out: The U.S. Government has been secretly collecting telephone records of all Verizon customers
— Parents Just Don't Understand: A newborn baby in China was flushed down a toilet and saved while Paris Jackson tried to kill herself
— The Pursuit Of Happiness: A Brooklyn couple who hosted a self-help radio talk show killed themselves with 'exit bags'
— Serving Reelness: Ben hosts a new podcast where he reviews gay and lesbian movies on Netflix
-After an employee unwittingly hit an unlabeled panic button, the LAPD stormed a video game company's headquarters.
— Raising Eyebrows: Chemda interviewed H. Alan Scott, a comedian with cancer
Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I posted a thread on r/youtubepartners maybe they can give and outsider's perspective Review of the Keith and the Girl Youtube Channel : PartneredYoutube

maybe do an more active outro screen like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0b6EB-Q#t=182s

you basically have a small bit that encourages people to do the actions you want them to do.

Last edited by DrBurst; 06-14-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
1. They're cool to watch on occasion, but I've already listened to the show, so should I go back and watch?
Good point. We thought people might want to watch the highlights but it doesn't seem compelling enough to someone who has already seen it.
Quote:
2. The quality is great. Love the multiple cameras. I guess people need a reason to watch them even if they already heard the show. Not sure what that is. Bonus animation? (Which sounds like a TON of work!)
Yeah, bonus animation is a good idea but way too much work to be done on a regular bases. However, something unique is a good idea.
Quote:
3. I've done all three.
Thanks!
Quote:
The videos are great for new listeners or not yet listeners.
This seems to be true. It works well as a preview but not a special feature for existing listeners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
This.

Is there a way to directly target people who have never heard of the show?
One of the best ways to target new listeners is to have fans share the videos. When you see a funny clip, share it on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

We're also considering advertising but ad campaigns are extremely expensive in terms of labor and direct cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBurst View Post
They are really high quality videos, your video editor is amazing.
Thanks! That's my girlfriend Marisela. She just learned video editing a few months ago in preparation for this project. I'll pass along your compliment.
Quote:
I liked it when you guys put the videos on the home page with the show notes. OO, OO, idea. Maybe link each clip to each show note. For example:

— Take Back The Night: Ben Lerman, who's one of the gay people that took over Keith's rainbow, is in studio
— We Like To Party: Inspired by the recent Lil Jon remix of Bret Michaels' 'Nothin' But a Good Time,' Keith finds similar reduxes of Donna Lewis and Nat King Cole songs
— Father Of The Year: A man showed up to court dressed in full Nazi regalia to fight for custody of his children Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Hons, Honzlynn Jeannie, and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation
— Called Out: The U.S. Government has been secretly collecting telephone records of all Verizon customers
— Parents Just Don't Understand: A newborn baby in China was flushed down a toilet and saved while Paris Jackson tried to kill herself
— The Pursuit Of Happiness: A Brooklyn couple who hosted a self-help radio talk show killed themselves with 'exit bags'
— Serving Reelness: Ben hosts a new podcast where he reviews gay and lesbian movies on Netflix
-After an employee unwittingly hit an unlabeled panic button, the LAPD stormed a video game company's headquarters.
— Raising Eyebrows: Chemda interviewed H. Alan Scott, a comedian with cancer
Interesting idea. I'm also considering swapping out the intro video with a random clip from the show.
Quote:
I posted a thread on r/youtubepartners maybe they can give and outsider's perspective Review of the Keith and the Girl Youtube Channel : PartneredYoutube

maybe do an more active outro screen like this The Perfect Video - YouTube

you basically have a small bit that encourages people to do the actions you want them to do.
Thanks for posting that! It doesn't look like it's gotten a response yet but I'll keep checking on it.

---
Thanks for the responses and suggestions!

Overall, it seems like the feedback is that you've already seen the shows. Some people share the videos but it's not common. The videos work well for new people but, as existing fans, there isn't much interest in seeing the clips on a regular bases.

If you feel differently than this assessment, please let me know. We'll talk over your feedback and suggestions when KATG get back from vacation.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

[*]Do you like them as they are?
Yep, I think they are great and I've enjoyed watching the action from my favourite moments. But I find I only get to watching them once a week in bulk when I've got the time. Like others have said, I'm not in a rush to go watch them as I always listen to the show but when I do watch them I really enjoy them. The look very professional.

[*]What changes would you make?
Are you able to tag the guests in the video so if someone was searching YouTube for that guest but not necessarily on KATG - the KATG videos would appear (not sure if this already happens, at work and can't check. Shh). And I can't remember what that final few moments of each has but maybe a direct link to the show in iTunes or something?

[*]Have you shared, liked or commented on any of the videos?
I try to click like on every one I open to be nice and for the fact that they are genuinely liked. I've shared a couple but don't think I've commented but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think an end slide bit will bring even old fans to the video to see what happens.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
We’ve been creating video clips from recent episodes of the show. We’re wondering:
  1. Do you like them as they are?
  2. What changes would you make?
  3. Have you shared, liked or commented on any of the videos?
Here's the link to the YouTube page: Keith and The Girl - Free Comedy Talk Show - YouTube

Thanks for your feedback!
1) Yes. Quality is excellent.
2) None, because I am uncreative piece of shit
3) Yes. I shared some vids which were generally well received.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
[*]Do you like them as they are?
Yep, I think they are great and I've enjoyed watching the action from my favourite moments. But I find I only get to watching them once a week in bulk when I've got the time. Like others have said, I'm not in a rush to go watch them as I always listen to the show but when I do watch them I really enjoy them. The look very professional.
Thanks. So it seems the quality is good. Fans like it but are in no rush to watch. We need to work on getting the videos in front of more new people.

Quote:
[*]What changes would you make?
Are you able to tag the guests in the video so if someone was searching YouTube for that guest but not necessarily on KATG - the KATG videos would appear (not sure if this already happens, at work and can't check. Shh). And I can't remember what that final few moments of each has but maybe a direct link to the show in iTunes or something?
We tag guests and topics. We come up 2nd for "Dan Soder" but not at all for Jesse Joyce. But search for "Jesse Joyce KATG" and we fill the page. Not sure why we don't rank at all for "Jesse Joyce" alone.

Dan Soder search https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dan+soder

Jesse Joyce search https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=jesse+joyce

Jesse Joyce KATG search https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...sse+joyce+katg

Quote:
[*]Have you shared, liked or commented on any of the videos?
Quote:
I try to click like on every one I open to be nice and for the fact that they are genuinely liked. I've shared a couple but don't think I've commented but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.
Thanks for the thumbs up and sharing them!

Quote:
I think an end slide bit will bring even old fans to the video to see what happens.
Do you mean "end slide" as in a segment on the end of the show just for YouTube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
1) Yes. Quality is excellent.
Thanks!

Quote:
2) None, because I am uncreative piece of shit
I'd come up with a funny response but I am an uncrea...

Quote:
3) Yes. I shared some vids which were generally well received.
Thanks. Good to hear people are liking them.

----

These videos are probably helping us get new fans but viewership is still low so it's not making as big an impact compared to the work it takes to create them. We're pumping out so many videos a day, it's hard to focus on promoting them all. We end up with a lot of shows that get a few hits each. Many get just a few hundred views. We need to find more places to share the content, beyond friends.

I've been experimenting with sharing videos in relevant subReddits. For example, Dan Soder talks about his drinking problem. I thought it was a great conversation and would be interesting to others who are trying to quit so I shared that video in an alcoholic related subreddit. People there really liked it. Finding relevant places like that could help spread the word to thousands of people.

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 06-22-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
We're pumping out so many videos a day, it's hard to focus on promoting them all. We end up with a lot of shows that get a few hits each.
This is another factor. Should I watch them all? Not enough time. Should I share them all? People will want me to shut up if I do.

Maybe concentrate your efforts on just a few per week?