Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   True Blood ya'll watching this? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/true-blood-yall-watching-11226/)

rodimusprime 09-09-2008 03:32 PM

True Blood ya'll watching this?

I watched the first episode and Entourage. Anyone else going to watch? We can talk about it here.

jeffdrafttech 09-09-2008 03:36 PM

I love Alan Ball. I heard an interview about True Blood and it sounds like a gay-rights dramedy, only they use "vampire" instead of "gay". Interesting idea. It has a lot to live up to considering his previous track record of brilliance. I won't see it til it's on DVD. Let us know if it's great.

kattywhompas 09-09-2008 03:39 PM

I heard they were making this show and I almost upgraded cable packages, but it's not going to happen yet. :(

For anyone that is interested, this series is based off books by Charlaine Harris. Great series of books, fun and easy to read.

rodimusprime 09-09-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech (Post 450304)
I love Alan Ball. I heard an interview about True Blood and it sounds like a gay-rights dramedy, only they use "vampire" instead of "gay". Interesting idea. It has a lot to live up to considering his previous track record of brilliance. I won't see it til it's on DVD. Let us know if it's great.

They did have a sign that said "God Hate Fangs"

Seems like they are also comparing them to minorities. Still I want to see how their super powers/ weaknesses play into the plot.

motownguy 09-09-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kattywhompas (Post 450306)
I heard they were making this show and I almost upgraded cable packages, but it's not going to happen yet. :(

For anyone that is interested, this series is based off books by Charlaine Harris. Great series of books, fun and easy to read.

My wife has read all of her books, she's a little skeptical about the series but did enjoy Six Feet Under. We DVR'd the first episode and will probably watch it tonight.

Babbling Bryan 09-09-2008 03:53 PM

Although I'm hating the over-acted southern accent I love this series! You have to be into human psychology to like this though, and vampires of course but who isn't into vampires?!

Ponko 09-09-2008 03:57 PM

Donīt forget the awesome sex scen :p

Blitzgal 09-09-2008 03:58 PM

Yeah, mostly what I've heard about this show is that there'll be lots of kinky vampire fucking.

Keith 09-09-2008 04:00 PM

I think it's funny - nay, high-larious - that people pick on over-acted accents when they haven't heard people from the respected places, i.e. Chemda's Israeli accent as well as her Texas drawl were called ridiculous until people saw it for themselves.

I didn't hear a southern accent. I heard a trash accent. And it wasn't exaggerated.

Trust me, people talk all different ridiculous ways.

Grapist 09-09-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 450321)
I think it's funny - nay, high-larious - that people pick on over-acted accents when they haven't heard people from the respected places, i.e. Chemda's Israeli accent as well as her Texas drawl were called ridiculous until people saw it for themselves.

I didn't hear a southern accent. I heard a trash accent. And it wasn't exaggerated.

Trust me, people talk all different ridiculous ways.

It's also important to note that there is not one Texas accent but several depending on what part of this vast, glorious state you are in.