Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Are you voting Tulsi Gabbard 2020?
Yes 2 10.53%
No 14 73.68%
I don’t know who she is 3 15.79%
I don’t vote Democrat 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 10-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Tulsi Gabbard * Democrat * 2020

It’s widely known the Democratic National Convention torpedoed Bernie Sanders, (after Hillary Clinton donated/ bought the DNC) and it ultimately lost liberals the election.
I think the DNC is doing this again by not embracing democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard. She’s perfect. Tulsi isn’t white, (she’s Hawaiian) she’s a female candidate and she’s a war veteran who is anti-war.

I know there’s Dems who actually vote on here. I’d like to hear who they’re voting for and why - as well their thoughts on Tulsi.

Thanks!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Never heard of her and I have a rough idea of the main players in the race

You are not selling her very well - are the points you mentioned the main reason why you support her?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
You didnt put the option “ I’m not American” for me to click on.
Whoops! Forgot thee European KATG fans.

I apologize.

Are you an active voter, Apia? Do politics feel as ineffective in Germany as they do here? Who would you vote for here - if ya could?

Edit: Lanfear - same questions please.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 10-22-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: LANFEAR
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not sure what Tulsi vid to post. If you’re unfamiliar- this at least gives an idea.

I think she could beat Trump, but the DNC is going against her. Also Hillary has publicly come out against her, which is strange.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't see a path for her - too many people believe the conspiracy theories. The fact that autocomplete when searching for her on twitter results in "Tulsi Gabbard cult" and "Tusli Gabbard is a Republican" doesn't bode well. For a reasonable candidate with potential to reach some middle-America Trump voters, I'd go for Mayor Pete. Though it feels like the groundswell is for college debt forgiveness and free medicare for all, which seems like a pipedream from my perspective.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post

...."Tusli Gabbard is a Republican" doesn't bode well.
This simply isn’t true. Its depressing because a Democratic candidate really needs DNC backing to be taken seriously.

Ben, id judge the hell outta you for simply going on auto-complete/ 10 second investigation and research/ but I’ve certainly done the same before.

There’s so many candidates in this election and you have to invest literal hours into each. You’d think a two party system would make it easier but It’s frustrating when Dems and republicans actively keep viable candidates out.

I hate to say it, but I think Trump will get re-elected.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

I like her - I listened to the Rogan podcast. It's been refreshing to hear what appears to be a lack of BS. I know he's not being taken very seriously but I enjoy Andrew Yang too.

(skip to minute 1)

And this, from a Fox News consumer:

“As you note, there are many indicators supporting your observation that we are in the midst of enormous societal and hence political change. But I would dispute your conclusion that no politician is addressing this change. Andrew Yang had built his campaign explicitly around this change which he believes will accelerate over the next two decades. I am disappointed that you and the rest of the political press have paid so little attention. You may well not agree with his prescriptions, but he has clearly diagnosed the disease and deserves serious consideration. In the last debate, I was struck by his quiet observation about Sweden's wealth tax proposal - it has been tried by several other developed nations and failed - adding - why can't we learn from the experience of others?” – Matt Lincoln, Portola Valley, Calif.

[Ed. note: Yang may be prescient, Mr. Lincoln, but he also is a pessimist. One of the reasons he has connected so well with younger males is that he matches the sense of foreboding common among many millennial dudes. I do grant you that he is one of the few candidates who is even talking about this Gutenberg-level (Johannes not Steve) disruption that’s working its way through our society. I wish politicians in both parties would think about the same stuff.]

Last edited by SpareBen; 10-23-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
... you won't bring over people who use the word "libtard" with a service record.
Yeahhhh. Yes. FUCK. Good point.

I just personally like the idea of a candidate who has served AND is anti-war. AND who is a woman. I feel like a lot of people in power are rich white men who have never served, have never sent their own entitled children to war - yet have no problem sending American troops into harm's way.

I wish there was a way to have made it so people could put who they are voting for here on KATG. Cuz i wanna know who we liberals are supposed to vote for. Elizabeth Warren?

I like Tulsi but I'm honestly more concerned with no Trump - at this point. I voted 3rd Party Jill Stein last election. Really don't like Clinton(s) but maybe that was the best route.

Politics is Harrrrrrrrrd
Old 10-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Whoops! Forgot thee European KATG fans.

I apologize.

Are you an active voter, Apia? Do politics feel as ineffective in Germany as they do here? Who would you vote for here - if ya could?

Edit: Lanfear - same questions please.
I’m an active voter and very interested in politics in general

All types of politics have some drawbacks of course and I am incredibly frustrated with some of the election results we had the last few years and our current parliament is not what I would want but overall it’s doing a great job. Never voted for Merkel but she is a fucking superstar leader.

For your presidential election I would obviously vote whatever democrat they put up and I think (feel free to be mad at me) voting third party in the presidential election is fucking stupid. The way your system is it’s at best a wasted vote and at worst basically voting for the other party.

I do know how your system works but there are so many things about it I simply don’t understand how they are still happening even if they might have been a good idea at the time.
Key examples: voter registration, electoral college, how much money is wasted in the primaries and later again in the actual elections, the two party system.

I think voting third party in local elections is a very valid option and if that keeps happening more and more it could become an good option in future country wide elections but not now.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

The DNC hates Tulsi because she doesn't toe the party line on foreign policy and is very critical of our country's endless wars. Calling her a Russian agent is fucking ludicrous and proves how little shame the Democrats have.

Don't be fool by Mayor Pete, dude talks exclusively about how we need to rise above our divisions and build a brighter America while giving 0 details about how he would govern. He's Obama 2.0 and the only reason he has any clout is because billionaires are paying for him to make the status quo popular. Complete slime ball in my opinion, although I see how people like him cause he's pretty and articulate.

I'm Bernie all the way, and I think he's our best shot for beating Trump. We lost in 2016 because enough people decided that both parties were full of shit and didn't vote. Bernie appeals to that crowd because he speaks clearly about why our political system is so fucked. He's the only candidate I truly believe is running for president for reasons that are bigger than himself. I like a lot of Warren's ideas, but her style as a politician is much more deferential to power (ie she's trying to appeal to Bernie's base AND the billionaires running the democrats, which isn't really coherent).

My biggest issue is medicare for all (which is a pipe dream until enough of us demand it), and I think Bernie's the only one who can deliver the movement to make it happen.
memecherry likes this.