Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   TV Show Recs? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/tv-show-recs-21384/)

Maya 03-17-2019 02:32 PM

TV Show Recs?

Chemda seems to recommend TV shows a bunch and I thought we could start a running list of her recs/shows of a similar nature or style.

I just found "Shrill" on Hulu. It's Aidy Bryant's first post-SNL-fame show. I've only watched the first episode so far but it's been kinda wonderful. It's quirky and weird and deals with difficult topics right off the bat (that I won't mention as I don't want to give anything away). Point is, watch it and let me know what you think!

Bucho 03-18-2019 02:29 AM

Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 is Chemda's main rec. She also recs Bob's Burgers and Family Guy and Star Trek Picard and Community.

The best American recs from your old buddy Bucho of the last little while are Veep, Atlanta, Insecure and Broad City. New Girl is also delightful AF.

The Girl 03-18-2019 07:22 AM

I also started watching SORRY. The first season is on Netflix now. I really like it.

I watched LOVE a couple times but I’m not sure everyone will love it. Not much happens. It’s very dialogue heavy. I really like it but it might be slow for some.

And of course bojack horseman and rick and morty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maya 03-18-2019 08:52 AM

I’ve watched Dont Trust the B several times, Chemda is right, it is an excellent show. I also enjoy Broad City and New Girl.

I’ve been meaning to get around to watching Veep but it seems like a heavy show. Is that true? Or am I just avoiding starting for no reason?

Never been able to get into adult cartoons, Chemda. I have some weird barrier I can’t seem to cross when it comes to watching a cartoon horse-human.

Bucho 03-18-2019 02:48 PM

Veep's not heavy per se, but it's definitely more on the Seinfeld side of the deal than the Friends side. It's sharp as heck, the characters are mostly assholes and pretty much every line is some kind of insult. It's definitely less fun now than it was when it started, not because the quality has dropped but because real life has become even more ludicrous.

punk'n 03-18-2019 02:54 PM

I just found "Better Things" on Hulu and I think it's great. I know that the first two seasons are co-written by Garbage Person Louie CK, but Pamela Adlon dumped him for the third season and wrote and directed it herself.
I think it's the best one yet.

Sparrow 03-18-2019 04:51 PM

if you love Star Trek: TNG, try The Orville. it’s Seth MacFarlane’s love letter to the series and it is fantastic.

The Girl 03-19-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maya (Post 874060)

Never been able to get into adult cartoons, Chemda. I have some weird barrier I can’t seem to cross when it comes to watching a cartoon horse-human.

I felt the same way. It looked so dumb. Why is he a bourse. Hennessy insisted I try it because he knew I would like it. That boy introduced me to a lot of cool shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archimedes_Screw 03-19-2019 09:31 AM

Love Death and Robots.
Chewing Gum
Pen15
Catastrophe
Star Trek Discovery
Travels with My father
Planet Earth 2
The Expanse

SpareBen 03-19-2019 10:06 AM

Damnation