Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
I didn't notice their petrol as any more expensive than its competetors.
I don't know, maybe it was just a coincendence that their petrol jumped in price on Friday (and i'm not saying that in a sarcastic ass way).

At least in Newcastle it did.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I don't know, maybe it was just a coincendence that their petrol jumped in price on Friday (and i'm not saying that in a sarcastic ass way).

At least in Newcastle it did.
Every state has a different price cycle. In SA the prices always go up thursday/friday for the weekend, tuesday is cheap petrol day. Plus Coles/shell couldn't put up their petrol out of spite when in many places their stations are directly or very close to a BPetc.

I really think what they did was a nice thing. Woolworths/Safeway could have done it. McDonalds could have done it but they didn't. As many problems as there are with Coles (pushing out smaller markets, screwing farmers etc. etc.) the fact is they voluntatily gave all their profits away. Now did they gain? Of course, they got people into the store, those people will come back, those people count when they are counting their sales at the end of the year and they got amazing publicity. But when it comes down to it they aren't the only major corperation in Australia any one of them could have done the same thing, hell they could have joined in and made it a national day of profit sharing but they didn't.

Maybe I'm betraying my secret shadow optimism but while I usually think most corportations are doing things for their own gain and don't really care about the world but I think Coles wanted to do something and provide ordinary Australians who maybe can't spare much to donate a chance to help.
Enter coupon code KATGforums to receive 10% off your order.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
Every state has a different price cycle. In SA the prices always go up thursday/friday for the weekend, tuesday is cheap petrol day. Plus Coles/shell couldn't put up their petrol out of spite when in many places their stations are directly or very close to a BPetc.

I really think what they did was a nice thing. Woolworths/Safeway could have done it. McDonalds could have done it but they didn't. As many problems as there are with Coles (pushing out smaller markets, screwing farmers etc. etc.) the fact is they voluntatily gave all their profits away. Now did they gain? Of course, they got people into the store, those people will come back, those people count when they are counting their sales at the end of the year and they got amazing publicity. But when it comes down to it they aren't the only major corperation in Australia any one of them could have done the same thing, hell they could have joined in and made it a national day of profit sharing but they didn't.

Maybe I'm betraying my secret shadow optimism but while I usually think most corportations are doing things for their own gain and don't really care about the world but I think Coles wanted to do something and provide ordinary Australians who maybe can't spare much to donate a chance to help.
I guess you're right, i don't know. I do all my shopping at Woolworths and i'm sick to shit of hearing about this (the fires). Yes it was more than an absolute disaster, yes the people reponsible should be skinned and gutted alive but the media is fucking killing this and i'm so very over it. That said, come Wednesday i would have donated a little under $1500 while i live on rashons of 2-minute noodles and hour long walks to and from work.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #114 (permalink)

Well that was close, big fire just down the road from me last night, we ditched the house as soon as we heard. 17 trucks and 4 water bombers were at it for hours.

Everything is just lovely now.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #115 (permalink)

Belgrave eh? I'm not far from it either Rye. More fucking plumes last night.

My punk ass lungs gave out at 2am on Saturday morning, and I had to go to the clinic.

Quack said it was definitely from all the smoke in the air.

EPA issued air quality warnings from Melbourne all all weekend.

8 fires still burning out of control. Real time map ----> Victorian Bushfires Map
Old 02-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' Rye View Post
Well that was close, big fire just down the road from me last night, we ditched the house as soon as we heard. 17 trucks and 4 water bombers were at it for hours.

Everything is just lovely now.
All the best Rye
Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #117 (permalink)

I got a big fire near my house again

We're waiting for ember attacks before we ditch our house.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #118 (permalink)
Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I guess you're right, i don't know. I do all my shopping at Woolworths and i'm sick to shit of hearing about this (the fires). Yes it was more than an absolute disaster, yes the people reponsible should be skinned and gutted alive but the media is fucking killing this and i'm so very over it. That said, come Wednesday i would have donated a little under $1500 while i live on rashons of 2-minute noodles and hour long walks to and from work.
Noodles and walking? Wha happa?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' Rye View Post
I got a big fire near my house again

We're waiting for ember attacks before we ditch our house.
you alright rye? need help my numbers on the forums!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #120 (permalink)

Thanks AiNE but it's all good now.