Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #71 (permalink)

Well, if nothing else, this has been a good excuse to clean out my carport, just sent off a great 6.5 litre washing machine and 58cm TV which had been sitting there for a few months... Gotta look at the bright side of things
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #72 (permalink)

mhmmm thanks for donating things!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #73 (permalink)

I'm going to take a trip down to the showgrounds with my crap. I can be ruthless with my books cause I know they are going to places that need them.

Oh on another note the yr 5s from my mum's school are going to Ballarat next week and the teacher has been inundated with calls asking if the girls will be safe. For the fires to get to Ballarat they'd have to burn through Melbourne dummy.

Oh and this is an aweseome site. http://www.fireupdates.org/

Last edited by tuttle88; 02-11-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 AM   #74 (permalink)

Well, apparently the all the container loads going over from perth are all full already, so they don't want our stuff now.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
Oh on another note the yr 5s from my mum's school are going to Ballarat next week and the teacher has been inundated with calls asking if the girls will be safe. For the fires to get to Ballarat they'd have to burn through Melbourne dummy.
Our Yr9 camps had to be canceled because they were in the Rubicon Valley this week.

ABC news says they've been overwhelmed with people donating food and goods and they're now asking for money.
My friend is opening her holiday house for emergency accommodation (it sleeps 13!)
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
How we cheated flames of death

Gary Hughes | February 09, 2009 (theres an audio interview if you visit the site where the article is)

It comes at you like a runaway train. ... We escaped with our lives. Just. So many others didn't.
Well goddamn. Sure glad i live on top of a mountain in the fucking forest now. Our HOA passed out evacuation plans this year for the first time ever. There is an exit further up the mountain, but we'd have to hike out the last 3 miles. Through the forest. Nice plan.

The old timer down the block laughs and tells us that if we "HAVE" to leave, we've waited too long. YAY! Thanks old man.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:32 AM   #77 (permalink)

Because I love crazy, crazy people and youtube (and the two go together so well), here is a mumbling taxi driver with the true people behind the buchfires:

Muslim Terrorists!
Cause Al Qaeda's main target is rural Victoria apparently they can't stand small idealic towns. Our mini-breaks for antiquing disgust them.

I notice he is going to get into the scriptural reasons later which I look forward to.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #78 (permalink)

ABC bulletin just said that it is possible NE suburbs may be hit this weekend.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #79 (permalink)

My mum overheard at work that some family friends were on the missing persons list. We managed to ring around to other friends and we know they're safe but no idea if their house is still there. They live in St Andrews so there were a few tense hours when we didn't know.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
Because I love crazy, crazy people and youtube (and the two go together so well), here is a mumbling taxi driver with the true people behind the buchfires:

Muslim Terrorists!
Cause Al Qaeda's main target is rural Victoria apparently they can't stand small idealic towns. Our mini-breaks for antiquing disgust them.

I notice he is going to get into the scriptural reasons later which I look forward to.
OMFG! I LOVE THIS MAN!

hehehehe he thinks stupidity is a crime