Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lanfear
  • 1 Post By Pintman

Old 03-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

visiting NYC lodging recommendations needed

Hello KATG family. Im traveling to the nyc the week of the 21st of April thru the 23rd is there a recommended hotel. I will be traveling with a friend so airbnb is out. Budget is cheap but clean sheets no gun shots cheap.

Thanks for your help.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Do you have an idea of where you'll be spending your time? You don't want to get a place where you will have to constantly travel for over an hour just to see one thing.

Also, not sure why airbnb is not ok with a buddy... or maybe not ok with THIS buddy?

These things will help us help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think boys are for some reason weirded out by having to sleep in the same bed but a hotel room often will have two beds?
Airbnb might not offer that and one with two rooms is too expensive.

As boring as it is Booking.com will give you good recommendations and as Chemda said decide on an area where you will spend most of the time for such a short trip long travel into the city is not worth it.

- If you decide on Manhattan I enjoyed staying in Chelsea around Penn Station because everything is easy to reach from there.
- Otherwise Lower Manhattan below Houston St around Little Italy or up to Washington Square Park is super nice to just walk around and have food and bars but might be more expensive.

Another idea if you are a little more adventurous is to have a look at the "surprise hotel" on hotwire.com - I got some really great deals with that in the past.
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wink

Good cheap hotel in a great downtown location: The Larchmont Hotel, 27 W. 11th Street (btwn. 5th & 6th Aves.) in Greenwich Village. Rooms are clean but spartan, you have to share a bath, but the price is a steal compared to other hotels in the area, and the location is hard to beat. 5 minute walk to Washington Square Park & Houston Street. Subways at 6th Avenue.

We're staying there this weekend for $170 per night, including all those NYC taxes that they pile on. (I'll be giving free legal advice on your rights when arrested, at Peculiar Pub on Bleecker Street )
The Girl likes this.