Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Weed a Cure All?
Of Course 18 33.33%
Apparently I'm ignorant on this subject 36 66.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree33Likes

Old 10-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Which Toker Are You?

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
... yet everyone does it....
Your exaggerating for effect right? Chemda was how old before even trying it the first time? I'm 46 and have never smoked/ingested pot and most likely never will. I'm sure while I'm may be a minority I'm not alone.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
...For the record, I think pot should be categorised as alcohol is. It has a similar entertainment value, long-term medical harm and potentially damaging effect on society. So why should they be different?...
Actually, Alcohol is extremely bad. Its effects on the body can be absolutely horrendous. While most people can drink regularly and not have an affect on them, those who drink enough to develop alcohol withdrawal syndrome can face death not just from liver failure. Alcohol is the only drug that the body can become so dependent on that to stop using it can kill you. Many drugs like heroin make you feel like your dying and several can kill you if you stop cold turkey but only Alcohol can cause your body to become so dependent on it that not ingesting it can cause death.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I also maintain that Europeans were the first to imbibe alcohol and thus have evolved a genetic tolerance for it. Inferring Keith was a filthy drunk mick was not my intention. I'm a filthy drunk Irish person. I was just guessing.
That's interesting that you maintain that even though we know the ancient Egyptians brewed alchohol.

On a personal level, I do feel dumber when I'm on weed. My brain slows down and spaces out and I feel lingering effects for days afterwards.
Scorpion and picard102 like this.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Actually, Alcohol is extremely bad. Its effects on the body can be absolutely horrendous. While most people can drink regularly and not have an affect on them, those who drink enough to develop alcohol withdrawal syndrome can face death not just from liver failure. Alcohol is the only drug that the body can become so dependent on that to stop using it can kill you. Many drugs like heroin make you feel like your dying and several can kill you if you stop cold turkey but only Alcohol can cause your body to become so dependent on it that not ingesting it can cause death.
I'll drink to that ... in moderation. They're both bad, we agree. So is bacon.
Scorpion and snowflake like this.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

meh. they say counselors/psychologists are all crazy people. I'd argue that if that's true wouldn't it just make you more qualified?

buuuuut i'm also a crazy (ex) druggy.... so...

Though i am 32B, totally sober, and give some fuck about drug facts/mental health discussions... sooooo....
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

I just got off the phone with the president. He said no legal ganja until you guys stop sounding like a bunch of cuckoo clocks. Ball's in your court, druggies!
Keith, Bucho and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hey RP, can you call the President back and please ask him how the fuck he can admit to smoking ganja and still be the President when other Americans who smoke weed and get caught then have their lives fucked for the duration. Criminal record. Jail time. Property seizures.

The President, (with all coo-coo respect) is a hypocrite.
The Girl likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
On a personal level, I do feel dumber when I'm on weed. My brain slows down and spaces out and I feel lingering effects for days afterwards.
Well you have to take into account there's two prominent strains of weed: sativa and indica. Indica literally makes you feel dumb and affects your body. Sativa is often referred to as a 'heady' high. It's the one most associated with creativity.

It also depends on your personal chemistry. So yeah. Just because YOU don't like it; doesn't mean others feel the same way. Therein lies my point.

Alcohol ages you. It's a literal poison. It destroys your liver. Look at an old alcoholic. Look how fucking aged and sick they look. Then look at an old hippie toker. There's a difference.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The toker looks so healthy and full of life!