Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: in Diana's kitchen, buried under a mountain of scorn and blue sprinkles.
Well no shit. That's how it works?

Post your "Well, now I feel like a moron" moments. I'll start with the most recent one.

I'm sitting here with my laptop which has the little blue nubbin thing in the keyboard. I knew you used it like a mouse or a track pad but it wasn't till I was sitting here discussing the finer points of the Dublin Core, meta data and the future of AARC2 that I realized that with your fingers on the keyboard the little nubbin thing is much more convenient to use than the mouse or track pad. Until then I was trying to use it like a pointer device (no hands on the keyboard, trying to get the pressure right, tongue hanging out in concentration, circling the target till I just used the track pad or mouse)

Huh. Just makes me wonder about colostomy bags and if they are easier than getting up and all that hassle.

God may be on their side but Lady Luck is my bitch.

Any skinny bitch can run. Clydesdales make it a workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Well if I can't be pretty, at least I can be second pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Fuck you
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

i drove my first car for 2 years before i figured out there was a button inside the glove compartment that opened the trunk. the whole time i had been using the key.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

I only just recently found out after two years ownership that a button in the car turns up the display lights. I've been complaining about that for two years.

I of course almost never read the destructions!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Don't you guys know that you just have to push the "make it work right" button?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
I only just recently found out after two years ownership that a button in the car turns up the display lights. I've been complaining about that for two years.

I of course almost never read the destructions!
i did this too! one time i accidentally bumped the dial and turned the lights all the way down and i drove for an hour in the dark with no lights inside. i finally figured it one when i was almost home. i felt so tarded.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

I once rented a piece of shit car from a guy so I could get to a crappy job interview. I drove for at least two hours with the high-beams on because I didn't think to see if it had Ye-Olde button on the floor. There was a lot of honking.

Back around 1994 I built my first computer. It was a blisteringly fast 486, or rather it was supposed to be. This was when they had a "turbo" button on the front because games and a few other applications couldn't handle the fast processor and would run too quickly. After being disappointed with it for a really long time (weeks, maybe months) I decided to see just how slow it could be and I turned off the turbo.
Turns out I wired it in backward and was blown away by the raw, 50 MHz power.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

So all of a sudden one day my dishwasher stops working. It just wouldn't turn on, like it was getting no power. So I call a friend of mine who informs me that the switch to the left of the switch that turns on and off the garbage disposal, cuts power to the dishwasher. So I checked, and sure enough, I had turned it off by mistake while using the garbage disposal. Good thing I didn't call a repair service.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

I can't remember any off-hand, but I love watching my mother-in-law lose her composure every time Norton pops up a window asking to update virus protection or run a scan. She always waits until someone comes home to click it closed for her. It's hilarious because she never learns!!

The other day I did ask one of the bosses at work if his son is selling Girl Scout cookies right now. Everyone else laughed at him because they thought I was talking shit, but I actually didn't complete that thought before I spoke, and it was too late! I felt like an asshole while I laughed it up.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up Yeah, I like to caress it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post
I'm sitting here with my laptop which has the little blue nubbin thing in the keyboard.
It has a name... preferably the informal one.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

I still have not figured out where my cruise control is, or how to use it and ive had my car for a year and a half. ANyone out there have a sunfire 04' that could help me out?

- zI also just disocvered i have a cutting board in my kitchen counters, and its HUGE! Ive been using this shitty 6"x6" plastic thing for over 2 years. The funniest thing is my sister was over and i told her about my fantastic discovery and she somehow knew it was there. Fail.