Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Isn't it funny how most of us have no problem driving around in a big machine that could very probably kill us without reading the instructions?

I bet everyone here can operate their car's CD/MP3 player / radio, but forget about asking to find the fog lights / cruise control / bonnet release switch....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

this happened the other day. the light at the top of my staircase blew so I decided to get it fixed. Because it has 2 switches, one at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top, figuring out if it was switched off or not was a doozy. So I tried inserting the new bulb inside and it went pop, knocking out all the lights at the 2nd floor of my house. my mom of course told me that 'you should have switch off the lights first..'
Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

I just learned this at the end of 08: When you are filling up the gas tank, when the tank gets full, the nozzle will shut itself off. I always just guessed how much to put in and was always pretty much right. And the few times it DID stop on me, I had no idea what was going on and just made it go for a bit more.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #24 (permalink)

after four months of cleaning my car, i had no idea how to get the ashtray out...
until ROTC inspection and i was trying to figure it out somehow

about six months of ash came outta there. eewwww...and a little bit of grass. had to throw it out.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNote View Post
Last night at pep band, I took out my sax, got everything all situated and got ready to play. I played through four songs thinking "Hm, I'm sounding pretty muffled tonight and my low notes aren't working too well."

Two songs later I looked in the bell, and lo and behold, there was a neckstrap in the bell.
WAKKA WAKKA classic saxophonist mistake
we were recording a couple of tracks and i was on bari and they noticed my low C and B weren't coming out "normally"...

lo and behold: sheet music. but it gave a really cool muffled effect on my track and we kept it in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
I just learned this at the end of 08: When you are filling up the gas tank, when the tank gets full, the nozzle will shut itself off. I always just guessed how much to put in and was always pretty much right. And the few times it DID stop on me, I had no idea what was going on and just made it go for a bit more.
HA my mother told me in the car the other day and i always thought she was shitting me...

AND the nozzle is pointing in the direction of what side of the car your gas tank opening is
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
I still don't regret never reading a manual. Half the fun of playing with a new toy is figuring out all the things it can do on your own. Even if that toy could fucking kill you.
Now THAT is a good contestant for my '09 quote-of-the-year. I'm going back out to a gunnery range tomorrow where we are playing with out new toys....Armored Security Vehicles! Featuring an array of complicated electronic targeting technology fully equipped with dozens of knobs and switches that I'll never fucking understand all linked into top-notch optical targeting and surveillance systems which ultimately give you pinpoint accuracy with two badass heavy machine guns capable of rendering a town uninhabitable to any organism in mere minutes. I must point out, it comes with several thick manuals which describe how to run it all in painfully minute detail. Tomorrow is shooting day, with live explosive bullets. That begs the question..."Did he read the instructions yet?"

Hahaha, stay tuned to your favorite news channel kids!

I'm joking

Or am I?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

I found out about self-stimulated orgasms when I was 14. That's pretty much the pinnacle of my "well, no shit..." moments.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
I found out about self-stimulated orgasms when I was 6 with pool jets. That's pretty much the pinnacle of my "well, no shit..." moments.
fixed.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

A while back my car started not releasing my keys when I turned it off. Apparently there's a solenoid that lets you remove your keys only if the car is in park, and that failed. I was leaving my key in my car in a not-so-good neighborhood for the better part of 6 months before I realized there is a release button on the bottom of the steering column. I took the whole thing apart and removed the solenoid thingy permanently.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkChic182MN View Post
I still have not figured out where my cruise control is, or how to use it and ive had my car for a year and a half. ANyone out there have a sunfire 04' that could help me out?

- zI also just disocvered i have a cutting board in my kitchen counters, and its HUGE! Ive been using this shitty 6"x6" plastic thing for over 2 years. The funniest thing is my sister was over and i told her about my fantastic discovery and she somehow knew it was there. Fail.
Much like my 1998 Jeep Cherokee, Cruise Control was not standard on the '04 Pontiac Sunfire.

Last edited by Saint Marcos; 01-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.