Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #3391 (permalink)

The brilliant Empire: Total War is on sale on Direct2Drive for $10.50 or £10.50 (huh?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
In a case of impulse buying i got Just Cause 2. Damn you steam. Again.
If it makes you feel any better, steam was even cheaper than in store with my discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
I didn't think the Nvidia cards supported DX11 yet?
I have an ATI and threw in an old 8800GT for Physx. Works pretty good.
Could have sworn they had support for it. If not, they need to hurry the fuck up.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #3392 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
You sound like a guy on the verge of becoming disilusioned with gaming - and rightly so, in my opinion. If I get you right, you want a 360 game that doesn't prominantly feature shooting and is at least good? Wow. I'm gunna have to take a few minutes here...

Ok, I enjoyed Braid. It was short, but pretty cool. Standardman is right, Chime is good. If you like that, Luminus might be a good bet - my gf fucking loves that game. I dunno man, maybe give Dragon Age a try?

Maybe going back to the likes of Roller Coaster Tycoon or Sim City would do some good? Oooo, maybe even one of the Kings Quest iterations?
I think you might be spot on there. I've actually considered maybe getting back into the RTS genre, or something I can play on my pc that's less demanding hardware-wise. I have been turning more and more to XBLA lately also. Shadow Complex has been fun but, again, there's so much shooting...
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #3393 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post

In Metro I found a lot of really annoying scripted spots where you just get destroyed by a group of creatures that respawn and block your path, and you're somehow supposed to know you should have left via a certain route/staircase/window. It's really frustrating and I don't think I've seen a scripting problem like that in a game before. Not fun.
the monsters dont respawn, they are limited in number on the encounters (with exception of like 2 or 3 rooms). so if you go through a place, and monsters come out, theyll generally be in packs or 5-14. you can (and i do) sit in a corner, let them come to you and kill them, they will stop coming.

and some levels have different paths that lead to the same place ultimately, some ways will be harder (more monsters/traps) and others are straight through. my friend played the game and then watched play some, he had taken different routes to get the same point. main difference is just loot.

Last edited by Borknagar; 03-29-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #3394 (permalink)

i dont know if this has expired yet, but $20 off any $40 game on the ea store if you use promo code PAXEAST842 - US residents only
i bought bfbc2 for $30, was looking at c&c4 but metacritic users keep crapping on it.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #3395 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
i dont know if this has expired yet, but $20 off any $40 game on the ea store if you use promo code PAXEAST842 - US residents only
i bought bfbc2 for $30, was looking at c&c4 but metacritic users keep crapping on it.
US store only, annoyingly.

Watch out for Command and Conquer's DRM, it's like Ubisoft's.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #3396 (permalink)

Right now you can buy Bioshock 2 on Amazon (for 49.99, no less) and you get Bioshock 1 for free. Amazon.com: Bioshock 2
Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #3397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
the monsters dont respawn, they are limited in number on the encounters (with exception of like 2 or 3 rooms). so if you go through a place, and monsters come out, theyll generally be in packs or 5-14. you can (and i do) sit in a corner, let them come to you and kill them, they will stop coming.

and some levels have different paths that lead to the same place ultimately, some ways will be harder (more monsters/traps) and others are straight through. my friend played the game and then watched play some, he had taken different routes to get the same point. main difference is just loot.
The two times I was thinking of were the tunnels at the beginning where the guy you're with runs down some stairs and twice I got distracted by these monsters and didn't even see him, and died. I killed 5 or 6 and then there were too many and overwhelmed me. Right after that, we're by a giant door and more of them come so now I'm thinking we're supposed to escape somewhere, so I'm looking around instead of killing things that will eventually stop coming.

Then the first time outside I did get stuck in a corner where I knew where to go but couldn't get there because they just kept coming and blocking me.

Maybe I'm getting old, but if I get frustrated with a game, I drop it right away. Too bad, it was very pretty.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #3398 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

For now, the style of Metro isnt particularly frustrating. But it's quite underwhelming, really.

Have to add that after the ordeal that was Mirror's edge, it's hard to frustrate me. Every game is accomodating in comparison to that.

PS: I have an ATI Radeon, W7 and dx3d11 installed, yet i have the sx11 graphic options not checkable in the menus. Which makes me have to stay with dx10 and be impressed by the utter unimpressiveness of the game's looks. ARRR.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #3399 (permalink)

DEALS!

Steam:

AI War: Fleet Command - £5.99
AI War: The Zenith Remnant - £3.49

RPS on AI War here.

QUAKE Collection - £8.49

Contains:
QUAKE - £2.99
QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon - £1.49
QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity - £1.49
QUAKE II - £2.99
QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero - £1.49
QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning - £1.49
QUAKE III Arena - £6.99
QUAKE III Team Arena - £6.99

Although you should probably play Quake Live instead of Quake III.

Last edited by standardman; 03-30-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #3400 (permalink)

Just Cause 2, you guys.