Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #3711 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Valve have updated The Orange Box with a Mac version, which means if you own it on one format, you now own it for both. Even better, your save files are now stored in the cloud and are platform agnostic. Save it on a PC, load it on a Mac, world peace through mute physicists hitting things with crowbars in alien-choked Eastern Europe.

They also updated Half-Life 2 with achievements and 'graphical upgrades' (dunno what, devilishone thinks it might be HDR and higher res textures). This gives me all the excuse I need to play them again.

Don't already own Orange Box or a Mac owner new to steam? I've got your back.

SAAAAAAAAAAAALES

The Orange Box is 30% cheaper on steam £11.89 gets you the definitive statement in the modern linear FPS in Half-Life 2 and the episodes, the perfect puzzler Portal and the finest class based shooter ever made in Team Fortress 2. MAC AND PC FRIENDLY ULTRO-BARGAIN IN CAPS!

Over on Impulse, the Mass Effect and Dragon Age bundles are on sale for the Americas and Canada only, $41.99 and $47.99 respectively.

Sins of a Solar Empire is a tiny £2.77/$3.99

Demigod is £6.94/$9.99

Gratuitous Space Battles Complete is £14.20/$20.45

And the wha-huge THQ Ultimate Bundle is only £25.78/$37.12 it contains:

Insane.

I keep meaning to post about some games I've been playing. It's what this thread is for, after all.
This is a few days old, but have you ever thought about working for Valve?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #3712 (permalink)

Tonight I'll be organising a Counterstrike game for the KATG steam group.

In short: 22:00 UK time (17:00 in New York time and 14:00 in California time).

Details here and on steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
This is a few days old, but have you ever thought about working for Valve?
Not the first man to say it but, ooooh, constantly. And hey, those were Impulse links!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #3713 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post

Not the first man to say it but, ooooh, constantly. And hey, those were Impulse links!
Haha, whoops. Just saying, I can probably attribute all the purchases I've made on Steam to your pimping of its deals.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #3714 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Haha, whoops. Just saying, I can probably attribute all the purchases I've made on Steam to your pimping of its deals.
Heh, and I'm proud of every one!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #3715 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Bioshock 2 on sale for $30 on amazon today

Amazon.com: Bioshock 2: Xbox 360: Video Games
That reminds me: I bought Bioshock 2 last week when Gamefly had it for $18 and what a weird game that is. It's like Bioshock, but not. It was hard at first to break the habit of wanting to bring out each hand before firing my plasmid/gun, but once I did the "dual-wielding" was awesome. That game also seems to have completely lost any creepiness or scariness factor that the first game had. It's way more action-y and I don't find myself afraid to turn around for fear of finding myself face-to-face with some dentist splicer. It's still a blast to play, however, and I would highly recommend anyone who hasn't played either game to immediately buy both.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #3716 (permalink)

Almost done with Red Dead Redemption. Amazing game!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #3717 (permalink)

Good news everyone! The first Doctor Who Adventures game is out! It's not very good but it is FREE!

Not in the UK? Go to UK Proxy Server Network and enter BBC - Doctor Who - How to get the Doctor Who Adventure Games outside the UK as the URL.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #3718 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunDown View Post
Junk I'm totally with you. I'm retarded for Mass Effect and ME2. Those games are just... so fucking fantastic. I'm making my 5th run through in ME1 so that I can do my first run through in ME2 with my second toon.

... I may need help.

I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Age though. I'm not sure why but I just can't get behind that game.

I agree with every point you've made here. I've played through ME1 more than I'd ever like to admit. Ever.

ME1 is my favorite game ever, as is ME2. Both were just beyond amazing.

Red Dead Redemption is in my top 5. Those consist of ME1 and 2, Gears 1 and 2. I hated, HATED GTA, felt it was just the smut of video gaming, I just don't feel the need to be such a douche while playing, and Red Dead answered that.

I was engaged from the very beginning until the very end. Loved it. I don't know if I'll play it again as much as I did the other games in my top 5, so maybe that doesn't make it worthy of being there? But it was just so fantastic. Loved it.

Outside of that, now that I have an iPad, I've been playing Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Flight Control, Plants vs Zombies... egads, it's just... sigh.

I officially will have no life as of now.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #3719 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Red Dead Redemption is in my top 5.

I was engaged from the very beginning until the very end. Loved it. I don't know if I'll play it again as much as I did the other games in my top 5, so maybe that doesn't make it worthy of being there? But it was just so fantastic. Loved it.
Red Dead Redemption is in my top 5 also and I don't plan on replaying it - too long (I've been playing for 18 hours, ready to be finished)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Plants vs Zombies.
I miss Plants vs. Zombies! I got rid of my iPod when I got my android.

mmm my money farming setup.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #3720 (permalink)

I have too many games to play and I want to seek input from fellow gamers on how you think I should prioritize my gaming.

GTA4: 25% through The ballad of gay tony/done with the rest
Darksiders: 25% done
Dead Space: 20%
Borderlands: 20%
Read Dead Redemption: 10%
Brutal Legend: 0%
Mario Galaxy: 30%
Mario Galaxy 2: 1% (wanted to try Yoshi, and it is amazing!)
Fallout 3: Need to finish Point lookout and the pitt, done with the rest.

I cant commit to one of these games, and I currently have them all stacked on my entertainment stand and stare at them like a fat fuck staring at a MCdonalds menu.

Once the playoffs end (Go hawks) I should really be able to bang some of these out.