Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 06-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #3751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
You fucking idiot. They're delivering three times the content, not delivering three pieces that amount to one game's worth of content.

It's like if there was a really good sci-fi movie that came out, when the people who made it announced they were going to do a mini-series followup rather than a feature film, you're the dickface that stands up and boos them. "WE DON'T WANT MORE OF THAT THING WE LIKE!" is your apparent stance.

If you don't like StarCraft enough to want to fucking buy more of it, here's a piece of advice: generally that's known as not liking something. That's when you don't buy it and shut the fuck up.
I liked starcraft when it was 3 campaigns in one affordable box. They should have done that again and sold the additional content as DLC. That is my opinion, and I don't need to buy the game to share that opinion. I don't think your a fucking idiot if you disagree. Just enjoy your game, I will pass.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #3752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
I liked starcraft when it was 3 campaigns in one affordable box. They should have done that again and sold the additional content as DLC. That is my opinion, and I don't need to buy the game to share that opinion. I don't think your a fucking idiot if you disagree. Just enjoy your game, I will pass.
You're missing the point. Starcraft 2 Wing's of Liberty will have as many missions in as Starcraft 1 did. Each races' campaign will be as long as all three races in the first game. It'll be a lot of content.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #3753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
You're missing the point. Starcraft 2 Wing's of Liberty will have as many missions in as Starcraft 1 did. Each races' campaign will be as long as all three races in the first game. It'll be a lot of content.
Yeah I know, I like variety and that's why I liked the format of the original game and to me it seems like this new 3 giant expensive chunk format is a convenient reason to make more money. I will be happy to be wrong, gamers shouldn't be ripped off. Im just a frivolous gamer who prefers affordable quality rather than expensive quality with quantity.

Now I have a fear that Diablo 3 will be sold in 60$ boxes per character class. Different kind of game, so not an apt comparison but I have become extremely skeptical of Blizzards business model. Its that power corrupts ideology that I fear.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #3754 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I know, I like variety and that's why I liked the format of the original game and to me it seems like this new 3 giant expensive chunk format is a convenient reason to make more money. I will be happy to be wrong, gamers shouldn't be ripped off. Im just a frivolous gamer who prefers affordable quality rather than expensive quality with quantity.

Now I have a fear that Diablo 3 will be sold in 60$ boxes per character class. Different kind of game, so not an apt comparison but I have become extremely skeptical of Blizzards business model. Its that power corrupts ideology that I fear.
Oh, you'll be fine. There's a challenge mode for all races and, of course, multiplayer. Hell, the mod scene has already taken off thanks to the tools Blizzard released.

I agree, that's not a good comparison.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #3755 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I'm liking it too! I has the best night time I've seen in a game. It's not just dark, it's...lit.
not gonna lie, its freaked me out a bit
Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #3756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
not gonna lie, its freaked me out a bit
Me too man. The mundane things they say as they come after you are unnerving and there's a constant feeling of threat, in spite of having ammo coming out of your ears.

I really like the manuscripts, reading your story is cool enough but reading something scary involving you that has happened yet...brrr.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #3757 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree, that's not a good comparison.
Yeah I was stating it as my general fear of abusive game developers, not so much as an insult towards Starcraft2.

Hey Standardman, have you had luck getting a free game from that website?

I wanted to get Kings bounty but I think the site is getting overloaded with traffic.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #3758 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I was stating it as my general fear of abusive game developers, not so much as an insult towards Starcraft2.

Hey Standardman, have you had luck getting a free game from that website?

I wanted to get Kings bounty but I think the site is getting overloaded with traffic.
You're targeting the wrong people, aim up.

I wanted to get The Void but by the time the site recovered from the traffic the offer as over. Junk had some success, though. HEY JUNK, what game did you get? Hehe.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #3759 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Me too man. The mundane things they say as they come after you are unnerving and there's a constant feeling of threat, in spite of having ammo coming out of your ears.

I really like the manuscripts, reading your story is cool enough but reading something scary involving you that has happened yet...brrr.
At first the camera feels awkward until you realize how much it adds to the whole experience, the use of lighting is incredible, and the pacing of the story is perfect
Old 06-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #3760 (permalink)

I borrowed WAW off of a friend, anybody here have ps3 and wanna play some nazi zombies? add me: JustHammered