Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 AM   #3761 (permalink)

Working on Red Dead Redemption right now. Such a great game. Great graphics, even on a 360 and a normal TV. Sick guns too. It's like GTA4 and Gun had an awesome love-child that took steroids.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #3762 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
At first the camera feels awkward until you realize how much it adds to the whole experience, the use of lighting is incredible, and the pacing of the story is perfect
I love the 'oh shit, these guys are behind me' moments and the episodic structure really works, more games need that 'Previously on...' recap too.

Only things that really bother me so far are the poor facial modeling and animation and the lack of variety in the enemies. Combat system makes up for the latter, though.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #3763 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm hating you both, since i would love to play Alan Wake but i have no intention to buy an Xbox.

Fuck off.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #3764 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I'm hating you both, since i would love to play Alan Wake but i have no intention to buy an Xbox.

Fuck off.
Heh, it was lead developed on PC until they were given a money hat, so we'll see.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #3765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Yeah I was stating it as my general fear of abusive game developers, not so much as an insult towards Starcraft2.
Precisely; your post reeked of that. You have the intolerable internet resident impulse to take up arms about something - anything - with knowledge of the situation or the lack thereof notwithstanding.

Blizzard is a company that has historically always (ALWAYS) provided its customers with higher value products than its competitors at the same price. If a company like that sets off your "Let's Rant About the Evil Corporations Fucking the Fans" trigger, your subsequent frothing at the mouth obviously wasn't caused by any particular external stimulus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
That's my BOB! I dont even eventually agree or disagree. It's just good to see you here and in top form too!

Love ya man! (Totes hetero)
I'm like Lord Flashheart: you do the bulk of the job and are vastly more important to the organization, and then I dash in with a loud proclamation of my manliness, bonk my enemies over the head, and then run out of the room with a lady over my shoulder, leaving everybody to marinate in their amazement.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #3766 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
If a company like that sets off your "Let's Rant About the Evil Corporations Fucking the Fans" trigger, your subsequent frothing at the mouth obviously wasn't caused by any particular external stimulus.
Activision doesn't count as an external stimulus? Its not SO crazy to think being owned by arguably the greediest publisher in Video game history could have an affect on whether or not Starcraft 2 will actually pack 180$ worth of content for a dedicated fan base of the most internationally beloved Strategy Sim game ever made.

All three "chunks" of this game have not been released yet and until then, I will remain skeptical. Im skeptical of any Activision product, and I will be for a while. I think fearing evil corporations is a good thing, as long as you dont remain willfully ignorant when they prove you wrong or change their ways. I don't mind being wrong as much as I mind being ripped off.

Speaking of evil corporations, does anyone still shop at gamestop? Their used market is such a fucking racket and I been on a boycott for a while now. Pay you 10 store credits for a used game and sell that exact copy for 35$.

I use Playswitch for my used game selling/trading. Compared to gamestop its like adding lube to anal sex.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #3767 (permalink)

Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #3768 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Ah geez, this is the kind of shit that sets Keith off on an hour long rant about nerds.

SLURRRP!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #3769 (permalink)

I'm watching a huge EVE Online tournament that's streaming live over here in HD. Spaceship bloodsport!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #3770 (permalink)

Finally got some free time to play Shattered Horizon's free weekend. 1.3 hours left, and it won't let me join any servers because "authentication failed".

I also see no way to make my own server to practice. Anyone having this problem?