Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 07-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #4001 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good choice T.! I always thought that SavvyGamer was basically a digital version of you, so the combination will be lethal for my wallet (but essential for my entertainment)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #4002 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Good choice T.! I always thought that SavvyGamer was basically a digital version of you, so the combination will be lethal for my wallet (but essential for my entertainment)
Heh, pretty much. The guys who run it are good dudes too.

SPEAKING OF DEALS:

Over at GOG Rebellion Pack – $40.89 / £26.99

Contains (with individual pricing):

Empire Earth: Gold Edition – $5.99 / £3.95

Empire Earth 2: Gold Edition – $9.99 / £6.59

Empire Earth 3 – $9.99 / £6.59

Evil Genius – $9.99 / £6.59

Ground Control + Expansion – $5.99 / £3.95

Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE – $5.99 / £3.95

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death – $5.99 / £3.95

Lords of Magic: SE – $5.99 / £3.95

Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition – $5.99 / £3.95

Lords of the Realm 3 – $5.99 / £3.95

Republic: The Revolution – $9.99 / £6.59
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #4003 (permalink)

I finally have a computer that can run some decent shit, so I'm RTSing my face off. Total War games, Company of Heroes, TLOTR: TBFME II - TROTWK, and I'm staring wistfully at a pre-order page of the $100 collector's edition of StarCraft II, even though I really don't have the money to get it.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #4004 (permalink)

You might be interested in this:

Supreme Commander Gold (Sup Com + expansion) $7.50 / £2.50

Huge, brilliant, challenging RTS
Old 07-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #4005 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just binged on the engie update for 9 hours. TF2 is so ridiculous right now, almost everyone on every team is an engie so it's just trench warfare, fun as hell!

The new items basically added an Offensive Engie to the game. Before, the most aggro Engie could get was offensive support, but with this he can actually do some pestering on the front lines. And you can move buildings around after they've been built.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #4006 (permalink)

Starcraft (original)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #4007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I finally have a computer that can run some decent shit, so I'm RTSing my face off. Total War games, Company of Heroes, TLOTR: TBFME II - TROTWK, and I'm staring wistfully at a pre-order page of the $100 collector's edition of StarCraft II, even though I really don't have the money to get it.
How is Company of Heroes? I considered buying it...but none of my friends really had helpful info about the game...it looks like a guy I'd either really like or just not get into and no one I know really has played it to tell me about it.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #4008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
How is Company of Heroes? I considered buying it...but none of my friends really had helpful info about the game...it looks like a guy I'd either really like or just not get into and no one I know really has played it to tell me about it.
It's a great game, very nice evolution of the RTS. it is about to be released for sort of free, though (see Company of Heroes online).
Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #4009 (permalink)

It'd be a while before I get another game, but I think I might get Company o' Heroes...I have to wait until my financial aid check comes in once school starts again.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #4010 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Racing!

I picked up a couple of racing games over the course of the Steam sale and just got around to playing them. Here are some reviews for anyone interested:

Burnout Paradise: I remember playing this for the xBox and not liking it. On the PC it is really nice...runs great on my laptop and is just a fun ridiculous arcadey type racer. (And it's Burnout so you know it has really cool crash graphics/physics!) It's pretty casual to play, you just drive around and if you want to start an event you go to a stoplight and peel-out (no menus, no load times, no leaderboards...) . Alternatively if you want to see what happens if you drive to the top of a parking garage and drive as fast as you can off the ramp that will invariably be there, you can feel free to!

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage: A more traditional-style racer with decent object physics. (There is a ton of shit all over the place on every single track and if you go off the track you might tear up someones fence, drive through their garage, and then careen back onto the track). It's not as gaudy as burnout so if the EXTREME!!!-ness of burnout bothers you this may be more up your alley. During the steam sale this game was $1 I think. So...you really should have bought it back then...

Dirt 2: I've only been playing this for a little while but so far I really like it. It is a lot harder than the two games mentioned above...it took me a long time to realize that I couldn't win a race if I kept the accelerator down the entire time. This is a game about driving well more than it is about coming in first place, and bumping other cars or trying to haul ass to win a race won't get you anywhere but spinning out and sliding into a wall. It feels pretty realistic and it's fairly unforgiving. Long load times on lappy, but runs pretty well.

And of course the Engineer update hit TF2 last week so every server is prime spy territory!