Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #4151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Uh, so that game that Ken Levine was working on?

Yeah.
I think it will be really disappointing. The entire appeal of the games (at least for me) was the creepy aspect of it. It's hard to accomplish that when you're in the sky and it's really bright out. I liked the rose thing though. That looked like it could be cool.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #4152 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Is Moore View Post
I think it will be really disappointing. The entire appeal of the games (at least for me) was the creepy aspect of it. It's hard to accomplish that when you're in the sky and it's really bright out. I liked the rose thing though. That looked like it could be cool.
For me the appeal really comes with the constant vertigo I'm sure I'm going to feel. The scenes in Up did a great job of really making me feel suspense about it, and I hope they can pull of the same thing here.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #4153 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A game that managed to give me dizzyness and vertigo was Mirror's edge.

As frustrating as it was, the feeeling of "aieeeeeee" it came from the good parts in it was incredible.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #4154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
A game that managed to give me dizzyness and vertigo was Mirror's edge.

As frustrating as it was, the feeeling of "aieeeeeee" it came from the good parts in it was incredible.
God yes, those moments where you're running and jumping in a tight space that suddenly opens up and reveals a drop you juuust manage to jump over. Such a sense of physicality in that game, I'm glad it's getting a sequel.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #4155 (permalink)

I liked Mirrors edge alot. It reminded me of playing a Tony Hawk game, but cooler.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #4156 (permalink)

I've thought about getting Mirror's Edge because I've heard good things about it and it's mad cheap at most game stores....but when I watch the game play video, I feel very iffy about it.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #4157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I've thought about getting Mirror's Edge because I've heard good things about it and it's mad cheap at most game stores....but when I watch the game play video, I feel very iffy about it.
It's exhilarating in movement and the city is beautiful but the combat and story are terrible. Well worth getting it.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #4158 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Get it. It's an experience even at its worst moments. Still havent seen something like it, especially mood wise (has a fantastic soundtrack too)
Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #4159 (permalink)

I don't want to seem like I'm using you guys, but I know a lot of you have played more video games than I have...so if you don't mind, I'd like to list some games I've found at the local game store that are affordable, and maybe you guys can tell me which ones are worth it?

I know often the cheapest games are the lame ones, but sometimes you find great things for great prices.

$20 or under:
-Dead Space
-Mirror's Edge
-Godfather II
-Monster Madness: Grave Danger
-Red Faction Guerilla
-Sega Genesis Collection
-Far Cry 2
-The Darkness ($10)
-Blazblue: Calamity Trigger ($18)
-Darksector ($8)
-Eat Lead ($15)
-Fairytale Fights ($18)
-Genji Days of the Blade - ($8)
-Fear ($17) / Fear 2 ($18)
-007 Quantum of Solace
-Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
-Lair ($15)
-Timeshare ($9)
-Civilization Revolution
-Star Wars Unleashed ($18)
-Sonic the Hedgehog ($17)
-Assassins Creed
-Soul Calibur 4
-Call of Juarez (18)
-Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools (20)
-The Sabateur
-Stormrise
-Wet
-Jurassic the Haunted
-Brutal Legend (15)
-Bioshock
-Rogue Warrior
-Dark Void

$30 or Under
-Dragon Age
-Uncharted
-Crossedge
-Eternal Sonata
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Killzone 2
-Fear
-Xmen Origins Wolverine
-Tekken 6
-Street Fighter 4 (or used SSF4)
-Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time (35...pushing it, price wise)
-Mini Ninjas ($28)
-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 ($27)
-The Godfather: Don Edition ($25)

I don't know much of anything about most of these games, except their names. I have played Bioshock a bit, and think it's worth giving another try. And I have played probably most or a good amount of Red Faction Guerilla, that whole series is pretty fun for me. If you know of any other good games that are cheap for PS3, then by all means, send your suggestions this way...

I want something multiplayer, for when my friends come over...Little Big Planet is tons of fun, but we can't keep playing it every time. I have NCAA Football 09, but I suck at it and I'm not super into it...I might get FIFA because I love it...just whichever is cheap right now....I played Modnation Racers and love it, I'd buy it but I don't want to drop $60 for one game. If there's anything creative looking, neat, fun..like that for 2 or more players, that's kind of what I'm most interested in buying, but I'll buy any fun game for a low price. I also really want Katamari Forever, but it's $45 :/

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 08-15-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #4160 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't want to seem like I'm using you guys, but I know a lot of you have played more video games than I have...so if you don't mind, I'd like to list some games I've found at the local game store that are affordable, and maybe you guys can tell me which ones are worth it?

I know often the cheapest games are the lame ones, but sometimes you find great things for great prices.

$20 or under:
-Dead Space - slick horror game with just about the best UI I've seen
-Mirror's Edge
-Godfather II
-Monster Madness: Grave Danger
-Red Faction Guerilla - YouTube - Space Asshole
-Sega Genesis Collection
-Far Cry 2 - a lot people don't like this but I loved the way it encourages you to plan than finds a way to throw than plan into chaos
-The Darkness ($10)
-Blazblue: Calamity Trigger ($18) - great but bloody hard 2d fighter. Each character plays differently. There is a new version on it's way, though
-Darksector ($8)
-Eat Lead ($15)
-Fairytale Fights ($18)
-Genji Days of the Blade - ($8)
-Fear ($17) / Fear 2 ($18)
-007 Quantum of Solace
-Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
-Lair ($15)
-Timeshare ($9)
-Civilization Revolution - actually surprised by how good it is. it's not baby Civ but then Civ V is coming
-Star Wars Unleashed ($18)
-Sonic the Hedgehog ($17)
-Assassins Creed
-Soul Calibur 4
-Call of Juarez (18)
-Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools (20)
-The Sabateur
-Stormrise
-Wet
-Jurassic the Haunted
-Brutal Legend (15)
-Bioshock - one of my favourite games, makes other FPSes look embarrassingly unambitious
-Rogue Warrior
-Dark Void

$30 or Under
-Mini Ninjas (28)
-Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time ($35...pushing it, price wise)
-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 ($27)
-Dragon Age - should be noted that the console versions aren't up to the standard of the PC one
-Uncharted - good game, bit repetitive, great sequel
-Crossedge
-Eternal Sonata
-The Godfather: Don Edition (25)
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Killzone 2
-Fear
-Xmen Origins Wolverine - not a new idea in here but the uncut/uncaged version is surprisingly good and brutal
-Street Fighter 4 (or Super Street Fighter 4, used) - get Super. Great game. Multiplayer is a lot of fun
-Tekken 6

I don't know much of anything about most of these games, except their names. I have played Bioshock a bit, and think it's worth giving another try. And I have played probably most or a good amount of Red Faction Guerilla, that whole series is pretty fun for me. If you know of any other good games that are cheap for PS3, then by all means, send your suggestions this way...

I want something multiplayer, for when my friends come over...Little Big Planet is tons of fun, but we can't keep playing it every time. I have NCAA Football 09, but I suck at it and I'm not super into it...I might get FIFA because I love it...just whichever is cheap right now....I played Modnation Racers and love it, I'd buy it but I don't want to drop $60 for one game. If there's anything creative looking, neat, fun..like that for 2 or more players, that's kind of what I'm most interested in buying, but I'll buy any fun game for a low price. I also really want Katamari Forever, but it's $45 :/
^ highlighted