Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #4161 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I've thought about getting Mirror's Edge because I've heard good things about it and it's mad cheap at most game stores....but when I watch the game play video, I feel very iffy about it.
I think theres a demo of it available for both 360 and PC. It's a strange kind of game in that when I played it, it was almost more like I was playing a racing game rather than a platformer or FPS. At least, that was the underlying emotional drive of the game for me. (Speed, timing, having a good run, and if you fail you can start at a point a little ways back with a good understanding of the course ahead.)

There are a bunch of white pipes where I work and recently the building owners decided to paint some of them bright red...whenever I look at them I think "I guess I'm supposed to climb those"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #4162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
^ highlighted
That song is hilarious, I just lol'd so hard.

I'm glad you approve of Civilization, I'm a huge fan of those games and I've played the demo for Revolution and liked it, but didn't feel like it let me play enough to fully be sure if it's worth getting. I'd still get it even though a new one is coming out, because it's PS3 only, Civ 5 I'll get on PC.

Far Cry 2, I just watched a trailer, it looks pretty cool, would I be missing anything story wise by not having played the first? I usually try to play games chronologically if I can.

If Chimpy's right about there being a demo, I might want to play it for Mirror's Edge before deciding to buy it, but it does look like possible win.

Could you compare Dead Space to other horror games? I like some of the Resident Evil games a lot, some I've hated though, I liked Silent Hill.

I think I'll probably get Super Street Fighter, it's fun, I like the series, I've played it a little before, and I don't have a single multiplayer fighting game on my PS3.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #4163 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chmpy = Chompy (not Chimpy!)

Civ Rev was OK but if you LIKE Civilization games you will get sick of it after one game. Its ok, but it is very shallow if you have played Civ III or Civ IV. (Caveat: If you have friends who will play it with you, but you guys don't have time for a multiplayer game of Civ IV (cuz really...who has time for that?) then Civ Rev can be a lot of fun, but don't get it to play solo.)

Far Cry 2 story has nothing to do with the Far Cry story. I preferred the first Far Cry but it's a little dated now.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #4164 (permalink)

re: Dead Space it's similar to Resi 5 only it controls better, has a dismember mechanic, no stupid ai partner and is IN SPACE. It's pretty good.

Civ Rev has a lot of character and character goes a long way.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #4165 (permalink)

Don't forget The Orange Box on 360 and Ps3 amazing deal at like 17-20 bucks used comes with 4 or five games and has Portal on it one of the best puzzle games to come out in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w

Last edited by zombieninja; 08-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #4166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieninja View Post
Dont forget The Orange Box on 360 and Ps3 amazing deal at like 17-20 bucks used comes with 4 or five games and has Portal on it one of the best puzzle games to come out in years.

Should be noted that the PS3 version isn't great but awesome games.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #4167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieninja View Post
Don't forget The Orange Box on 360 and Ps3 amazing deal at like 17-20 bucks used comes with 4 or five games and has Portal on it one of the best puzzle games to come out in years.
If you own a PC and play ANY of the orange box games on PS3 or xBox, you are doing yourself a great disservice.

Portal - Hands down, best game ever made.
TF2 - I have owned this game for 3 years and still play online at least once per week.
Half-Life 2/Ep 1/Ep 2 - Pretty good. Worth playing even for a busy gamer.

It's $30 for all 3 games (Hl2 contains 3 games, but they are just one long game when it comes down to it...). Even if you own these games for a console, buy it for the PC. TF2 has had 110+ updates with a whole lot of extra content added since the 360 version came out.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #4168 (permalink)

I'm sorry Chmpy, I've always thought you were chimpy...but chompy's cooler anyway. (:

I already have the Orange Box on PS3, and it is THE SHIT, but I was never able to connect to the ea network to play Team Fortress 2 (which I ended up buying on Steam) and I have Portal on the PC....Half Life 2 is the main reason I play my Orange Box on PS3.

I was at the game store today, but I drew a blank as to what games I had decided to get with your and Tony's advice.

So I didn't get anything, I'll go back tomorrow. My PS3 needs new games.
Currently all I have for my PS3 are:

Fallout 3, NCAA Football 09, The Orange Box, God of War I-III, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Beatles Rockband, Rockband, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Not a very cool collection. :/

*Also, I wanted to mention, while I was there I asked the guy who works there about Arkham Asylum, because I was never sure whether or not I wanted the game, it looked kinda cool, but I shrugged it off assuming that the love for the game just came from the same people who fapped over Dark Knight...but it does sound like an awesome game, and while it's a tad bit pricier than what I'm looking to spend on any given game....it does seem like it might be worth it. Should I do it? It's also not multiplayer, which I really want...cause part of the reason I want new games is cause I don't have anything to play with friends when we're hanging out.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 08-15-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #4169 (permalink)

I have a PC gaming question for anyone out there....

I'm looking for a very-specific game that may not exist. I used to play tabletop Warhammer (regular, not 40K) and I'm looking for a similar experience. So the game I'm looking for is a Fantasy war-simulator. It MUST be turn-based. It MUST be troop-based (not just a bunch of 'heros' walking around fighting).

There was recently a Blood-Bowl game released that plays very similarly to the tabletop version, that's what Im looking for in a Warhammer version (or something VERY similar). Anyone know of anything like that? Do I need to make this game myself?!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #4170 (permalink)

I'm trying to think of a game that'll fit what you're looking for...but I can't...
but in trying to think of a game, I remembered a game I heard about

Elemental.....I'm not sure if it's out yet, probably not, but it looked like it'd be wicked.

*Fantasy Wars, there that's kinda like what you described. I think.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 08-16-2010 at 12:00 AM.