Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #4291 (permalink)

I'm currently playing, try not to get a shitty schedule this semester.

So far I'm actually winning...but gotta find a way around math.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #4292 (permalink)

Is there a KATG group on Steam or anything? Got Borderlands and Alien Swarm a couple weeks ago but my friends, including the one who suggested we all get it and play together, quickly lost interest. It's much more entertaining with more people but I don't really know my way around the Steam online community. Help?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #4293 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Is there a KATG group on Steam or anything? Got Borderlands and Alien Swarm a couple weeks ago but my friends, including the one who suggested we all get it and play together, quickly lost interest. It's much more entertaining with more people but I don't really know my way around the Steam online community. Help?
There sure is! Go to Steam Community :: Group :: Keith and The Girl and join up. You can also do this from within the Steam client but I don't know the steps offhand. I'm up for some alien stompin' fun anytime...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #4294 (permalink)

Been playing the shit out of Mass Effect 2. I finished the first one recently, solely so I could play the sequel, then imported my character over. What an awesome game! I liked the first one okay, though I thought it all felt a little sterile and boring so I didn't feel much of a drive to do a lot of exploration and adventuring on my own. The second one, though...that is how a sequel should be done. The game is just slicker and more compelling all-around, the shooting is actually not bad anymore, and the conversation scenes are way more interesting to watch. I've almost got everyone recruited to my squad and just have some of the loyalty missions left. I know there's some dlc for this game and though I would really hate for this game to end, I would also hate to sink money into dlc that isn't as compelling as the rest of the game. Anyone played that stuff?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #4295 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

This is the first game I'm playing on my newly purchased Xbox and I love it. From what I understand it got a bunch of perfect scores but wasn't a huge seller.

The guys who made it clearly just took all the games they loved before and mashed them together.
  • You can lock onto targets in a widescreen mode and hit them with a boomerang like Zelda.
  • You can juggle with a sword/gun and purchase new combos like Devil May Cry.
  • You can use finishing moves by pressing the button at the right time like God of War.
  • And as you get new tools (hookshot, giant gauntlet, etc) you can go back to old areas and find new secrets like Metroid (this one someone explained to me, I've never played Metroid so don't quote me on this)
So far, great game. I'm past the second dungeon. I'd say that it takes till about the first dungeon to get good but now I'm hooked.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #4296 (permalink)

Right now I have gotten back into WC3, getting better at it but still, still havent finished campaign so switching between that and online

Is it just me or am I not the only one that thinks the Metroid Other M commericial is just okay?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #4297 (permalink)

I considered buying Darksiders, but I'd never heard of it, and while I'm not any sort of gaming sage...I tend to figure if I've never once heard of it, it's probably not that amazing, and it was going for like $20, so that's usually either and indication of an old/outdated game or a total fail game....it did look pretty fun though...I just didn't go with it

cool to hear you're really enjoying though, I might have to go back and hope they still have a copy...but first I must spend oodles of cash on text books. FUUUUUUU

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #4298 (permalink)

I really liked Darksiders - it's a magpie game but it all melds together very well.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #4299 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
... cool to hear you're really enjoying though, I might have to go back and hope they still have a copy...but first I must spend oodles of cash on text books. FUUUUUUU
Ya, make sure you give it a fair shake. I was kinda getting a "Meh" feeling in the first hour or so but once you get the first dungeon's item, it really got awesome.

Brought me back to the days when you first find the Ocarnia and you only have 3 hearts. It's a bitch for a while and then as you unlock all the powers and items, it's a blast. In particular I heard there's a "Portal" element upcoming, but I'm trying to keep myself in the dark about it.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #4300 (permalink)

Just wrapped up Red Dead Redemption single-player with 99.5% completion (just have to get that Marshal uniform). Been dabbling in free roam, doing all the boring side-tasks for XP.