Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #4331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Whining and crying?
If you're unfamiliar with it, it's an MMO that acts a bit like GTAIV. It's a lot of fun, but there have been some mistakes by the developers, and the game has bled a lot of players. In fact, the company behind it is going through the British equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy. There has been very little moderation and hacking has become a bit of a problem.

The real problem, though, is the whining and crying from the other players. People take the game WAY too seriously and get pissed about every little thing. The annoyance of playing with and against these people isn't worth what fun I get out of the game -- at least not lately.

Edit: I just read you're from England. RTW (the developer) is in what you guys call "administration", I guess.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #4332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
If you're unfamiliar with it, it's an MMO that acts a bit like GTAIV. It's a lot of fun, but there have been some mistakes by the developers, and the game has bled a lot of players. In fact, the company behind it is going through the British equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy. There has been very little moderation and hacking has become a bit of a problem.

The real problem, though, is the whining and crying from the other players. People take the game WAY too seriously and get pissed about every little thing. The annoyance of playing with and against these people isn't worth what fun I get out of the game -- at least not lately.

Edit: I just read you're from England. RTW (the developer) is in what you guys call "administration", I guess.
Ah I see. I played the beta and didn't like it. The creator was nice though, shame to see RTW go down. That's the problem with massively multiplayer games - the people.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #4333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Ah I see. I played the beta and didn't like it. The creator was nice though, shame to see RTW go down. That's the problem with massively multiplayer games - the people.
They're swearing up and down the walls that the company will be fine, and to their credit they've pushed out quite a few patches that actually changed the gameplay dynamics quite a bit from the beta versions. But when you're on one of only two North American servers, during peak weekend gaming times, and the entire server population is under a thousand, it makes you wonder how long it really has left.

I have game time up until the middle of October (earned by selling items in game), so I'll probably play a few hours a week until then, but I'm not sure if I see myself continuing to subscribe past that unless people calm the fuck down.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #4334 (permalink)

Decided on playing through FF3 (or 6 depending on how you number it), been a long time since my last play through.

I have also been playing boarderlands alot, its fun but the ending sucked, no end game and the difficulty scaling is bad (I spend quite alot of the game at too high a level to be challanged), don't get me wrong I liked the game and it and its DLC for £14 was good value but some parts fell flat.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #4335 (permalink)

One of my roommates, his girlfriend and I were having some beer when the girlfriend mentions Just Dance....and I'd never really heard of it, seen it, but wasn't sure how it's played or anything about it...to which she insisted we play...so we did and

HOLY BALLS, maybe the drinking helped, but this game is pretty damn fun.

Good job Wii, add this to your tally of few good things you've done.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:17 AM   #4336 (permalink)

holy balls! why hasnt anyone told me that scott pilgrim came out?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #4337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
One of my roommates, his girlfriend and I were having some beer when the girlfriend mentions Just Dance....
My gf and I are considering to split the cost of Kinect and Dance Central. This game looks awesome.

Does this look like its worth 200$ of fun?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #4338 (permalink)

Totally not worth the money, but Dance Central would make for an awesome day in an arcade.

TONY: In our cafe/bar/arcade of awesome, there will be dance-offs to solve disputes.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #4339 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Does this look like its worth 200$ of fun?
In a dark room with the curtains drawn, yeah. Then again, I'm a recovering DDR addict.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #4340 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
holy balls! why hasnt anyone told me that scott pilgrim came out?
<3