Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #4541 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I got Oblivion for my 360 because I needed something to do until fallout new Vegas came out and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. Oh and Super
Smash Bros on my 64 emulator cuz that game kicks ass.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #4542 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Edit: In other news, I'm playing the single player campaign of the new Medal of Honor. I know Keith (and news sources) said that they got rid of the "Taliban" and "Al Qaeda" in the game, but that must just be for multiplayer (which I will not be playing, anyway). I'm killing the shit out of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the single player mode.
Beat the single player mode. Once again I'm disappointed. You can tell they didn't spend all that much time on it, and probably focused on mulitplayer. The old MoH single player campaigns were really fun. This one was entertaining, but not that great. I'm glad I didn't, ahem, pay that much for it.

I did like how one of the helicopter pilots was female, though. You never see/hear women in these games.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #4543 (permalink)

I'm rocking NHL 11 and Halo: Reach right now. Also, just got to the end of RDR but im stuck on 98.4%...kinda frustrating.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #4544 (permalink)

StarCraft 2. You can tell when a novel pro tactic was recently seen in a tournament because all of a sudden EVERYONE on Bnet is doing the exact same shit. Normally I roll over Zerg, but suddenly ALL OF THEM have learned to roach my supply depot wall and zergling rush me before I can get one goddamn siege tank out.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #4545 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
Anyway on the note of Minecraft... I have a huge cavern (natural) that I can't figure out what to do with it. Any ideas?
you can coming and try my server out 208.115.211.46
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #4546 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
In other news, I'm playing the single player campaign of the new Medal of Honor. I know Keith (and news sources) said that they got rid of the "Taliban" and "Al Qaeda" in the game, but that must just be for multiplayer (which I will not be playing, anyway). I'm killing the shit out of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the single player mode.
Yeah, it's multi-player only. It's a very silly controversy i think, because if the multiplayer is at it was in the beta it's basically a bunch of people shooting at each other and no one (unless they're already nuts would join the terrorists for that).

What do you think of the campaign? I just gave it a try but the COD4-ization was really heavy....

The good thing about Medal Of Honour were the things that made it different from COD (like the parachuting in airbourne)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #4547 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
What do you think of the campaign? I just gave it a try but the COD4-ization was really heavy....

The good thing about Medal Of Honour were the things that made it different from COD (like the parachuting in airbourne)
Like I said in my last post, it was neat, but not great. Took me about 4 hours of play to beat it on normal difficulty, which is not very long.

And yeah, there were some cool parts like shooting from helicopters and sniping with a 50 cal, but it did feel a lot like MW2's story mode, only with...less story.

You're American, you're fucking up the Taliban/Al Qaeda. That's about all the story there is.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #4548 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
(like the parachuting in airbourne)
Here's the problem MoH has been suffering with for years now: it seems to be just chasing other shooters. Brothers in Arms had picked up the WW2 shooter slack while MoH floundered, so they did Airborne. "Hey guys, we've got this shooter all about the 101st Airborne. Hey guys, we've even brought on a historical advisor to make our game authentic. You know, what Gearbox did in 2005."

And now it's "Hey guys, lookit our gritty modern war shooter that is rife with military jargon and demonstrations of the incredible power of modern weaponry. And it's gripping, because we tell a super linear and scripted story from the viewpoints of multiple characters! You know, exactly what Infinity Ward did in 2007!"

I think this game is going to be the death of EALA (they've been bleeding out for some time now) and who knows what'll happen to MoH. The weight the name "Medal of Honor" used to have in the shooter community just isn't there anymore, and I highly doubt this game is going to change that.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 10-15-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #4549 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If they act like usually software houses do, they'll blame it on piracy.

I'm curious to see how Black Ops will be, as far as playability. MOW2 was basically a cutscene with a few moments of gameplay (cue to Tony starting a COD4 hating monologue here :-P)
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #4550 (permalink)

It'll sell gangbusters and be the same shitty uninspired Treyarch dribble.

As far as potentially good shooters go, Battlefield 3 is the next thing on the horizon for me, but I really don't understand how that game will be different from Bad Company 2.