Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 11-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #4651 (permalink)

GTA 4: The complete edition. Comes with the episodes from liberty city.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #4652 (permalink)

Got Black Ops yesterday after hunting for best deal. Treyarch's Call of Duty's will always get my money for one reason..... Zombie mode!
Haven't unlocked second map yet but first one is massive and using more modern guns on Zombies is great. There's also an old school top down view zombie mode as a bonus which is also good fun. Best new feature is you can play two player split screen online and it seems to run smooth as.
Haven't tried single player or deathmatch etc much but looks like usual stuff.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #4653 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ok tried the 1st level of CodBlops on the PC version the store i work at has.

I think the section where escaping from a sieged town requires you to "hold left mouse button to drive" and you cant even handle the vehicle told me what i had to know about this.

For fuck's sake.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #4654 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

I think the section where escaping from a sieged town requires you to "hold left mouse button to drive" and you cant even handle the vehicle told me what i had to know about this.

For fuck's sake.
Haha, yeah probably best to just avoid this one then. Jeff Gerstmann's review of the game over at Giant Bomb talks about a few wtf moments in that game like that. Even though he gives it four stars, I think I'll probably steer clear this time. I'm just tired of having the same friggin' experience in every game I play ever. I'm sick of FPSes!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #4655 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
I'm just tired of having the same friggin' experience in every game I play ever. I'm sick of FPSes!
I feel the same way about most FPSes. I'll be so happy when we have a sustainable third or first person shooter MMO. I'm sick of every MMO being LOL SWORDS AND SPELLS.

Until then, if I want to shoot people, I'll stick to CS or TF2.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #4656 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

For fuck's sake.

Another reason this should be no more than $20 on the PC. It's an afterthought. Hold a mouse button to drive? That's crazy.

I can't even get into games they demo on consoles anymore because the movement is so mechanical. I watched the trailer for the zombie mode. The zombies are slowly shuffling toward you, and the player slid his view horizontally, fired, and the shot went just above the left shoulder. He tried to re-aim and shot just over the right shoulder. I was screaming at my screen. It's a god damn shooting gallery with barely moving targets at point blank range, and you miss twice. It makes the games look frustrating and poorly designed.

PC - headshot, headshot, headshot

Have you ever seen the videos for the old Quake tournaments? They're hitting someone with a rocket, in mid air, while they're in mid air, from across the arena.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #4657 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
Have you ever seen the videos for the old Quake tournaments? They're hitting someone with a rocket, in mid air, while they're in mid air, from across the arena.
My friend, a fellow KATG listener but not a member of the forums, is one of those. He used to have a sponsor in a Quake league. It's retarded how good he is at any shooter we play together. Any time we Counterstrike we have to hop between 5 or 10 servers per night because people keep banning him for "botting". He lives right down the road from me, I've seen his computer first hand, he's not using any programs, but his KD ratio is always at least 3 or 4 to one, where as I will hover around 1:1. It's insane.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #4658 (permalink)

Quote:

PC - headshot, headshot, headshot
Played L4D with my friends on PC, it was freaking tons of fun, my roommate got L4D2 for the X-box, lame. Is there a way to use a mouse and keyboard on the X-box?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #4659 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Played L4D with my friends on PC, it was freaking tons of fun, my roommate got L4D2 for the X-box, lame. Is there a way to use a mouse and keyboard on the X-box?
There have been mice made for it, but I hear they're terrible. The games are also programmed differently with varying degrees of auto-aim and maybe damage modifiers? I tried playing L4D on a 360 and gave up after it took forever just to turn around and kill something attacking from behind.

It's awesome when you get on a server with good people or friends and you're all on mic.

I need a good headset since my bluetooth crapped out. Any recommendations for a one ear with mic setup? I don't really want the big earmuff headphone style things.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #4660 (permalink)

Quote:
Any recommendations for a one ear with mic setup? I don't really want the big earmuff headphone style things.
I hope you're using speakers in addition, then. There's no way I could play any FPS without having proper sound to tell where things are.

As far as suggestions, I don't have any. I bought some Sennheisers last year and I'll never go back to anything else.