Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #4661 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I hope you're using speakers in addition, then. There's no way I could play any FPS without having proper sound to tell where things are.

As far as suggestions, I don't have any. I bought some Sennheisers last year and I'll never go back to anything else.
Yea I have a 5.1 system and just hate feeling something clamped to my head.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #4662 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
Yea I have a 5.1 system and just hate feeling something clamped to my head.
You probably just haven't had a good set of headphones. I can (and do) wear my HD555's all day, and I use a USB microphone. Works perfect.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #4663 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Since i wanted to be fair (and it was on display for free), i played the game more. done the whole first level since the russian prison one.

Good: the graphics, sound and flashiness department is super hyped up. there's greeat use of surround shadows and detailed animations.

Bad: it isnt a game. MW2 was much more playable than this. I guess the Tryarch guys were focusin on the multiplayer aspect. But god the campaignh doesnt make any sense. It is beyond streamlined, For long sections i didnt even have to AIM and the only thing rewuired was pushing the froward button and click sporadically. The whole thing was a loud, beeefy, flashy cutscene with a lot of over the top voice acting (i was played by sam worthington up to then and some of the shit he has to say is amazaigly stupid. i get its a game but the lack of fun in it was also uncanny).

the prison level is a good example. it reminded me of the worst oof the ending part of MW2. You basically have to time your buttons according to what the screen says, never EVER deivate form a straight line (actually i could say that in moments i actually got PUSHED by the game in a direction, if i didnt move). no idea if the anemy has AI, since you cannot play anything strategic to challenge it, you have to move in pre-set directions and thats' it (i know a lot of people say that all COD campaigns had that but rtust me NOT THIS MUCH). And the story is a psychotic mess.

So really, barf.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #4664 (permalink)

Talking beat black ops

hey Junk I agree the campaign gameplay was uber-restricted. but that's just Treyarch's style. half game, half action movie.
the storyline made perfect since to me.

**SPOILER!!**
you're having all the memories that Steiner (bad guy) placed in your head in a brainwash attempt. so it tells you that the whole time since you got out of jail, Reznov, who seems to always be around to help, was just your willpower fighting the control of your mind. your brainwashed mission was to kill Kennedy.
it all makes sense and ties together nicely in the end.

it's like videogame/Michael Bay movie/Lost.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #4665 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
hey Junk I agree the campaign gameplay was uber-restricted. but that's just Treyarch's style. half game, half action movie.

**SPOILER!!**
you're having all the memories that Steiner (bad guy) placed in your head in a brainwash attempt. so it tells you that the whole time since you got out of jail, Reznov, who seems to always be around to help, was just your willpower fighting the control of your mind. your brainwashed mission was to kill Kennedy.
it all makes sense and ties together nicely in the end.

it's like videogame/Michael Bay movie/Lost.
^^ Good for you!

Black Ops- multiplayer! (I couldn't give shits less about the campaign)
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #4666 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
I might have not played enough of it to get the whole plot but its a agme, still. i mean if i want a moive ill watch one. this thing was barely interactive, and i was forgiving with MW2 on that. sometimes i was just watching the happenings on the scrren and not really caring.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #4667 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
Black Ops- multiplayer! (I couldn't give shits less about the campaign)
I couldn't disagree more. Why would anyone pay $60 to play basically the exact same game they could play elsewhere, just because it's new? Not to mention playing online with 12 year olds that have nothing better to do when they get home from school, and have crazy kid reflexes. Put on top of all that the glitches that PC players are hitting left and right and this is one game I won't be playing.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #4668 (permalink)

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. Why would anyone pay $60 to play basically the exact same game they could play elsewhere, just because it's new? Not to mention playing online with 12 year olds that have nothing better to do when they get home from school, and have crazy kid reflexes. Put on top of all that the glitches that PC players are hitting left and right and this is one game I won't be playing.
I roll with a squad of friends from college most of the time, so annoying 12 year old kids aren't much of a problem, especially since many of the features these kids were exploiting back in MW2 are gone or diminished.

I haven't played the campaign yet. I'll play it and finish it eventually.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #4669 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisCarver View Post
especially since many of the features these kids were exploiting back in MW2 are gone or diminished.
If video gaming has taught me anything, is that there are always exploits. It's just a matter of time before they're found.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #4670 (permalink)

Quote:
If video gaming has taught me anything, is that there are always exploits. It's just a matter of time before they're found.
And a matter of time before the developers bother patching them out.