Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 11-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #4701 (permalink)

@ NZhippo.
I heard that you can't even buy like sports brakes in GT5. Is that true?? I am thinking about getting this game. I want to customize my car to the max.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #4702 (permalink)

Man these Steam sales are insane.

AudioSurf, Beat Hazard, BIT.TRIP BEAT, Rhythm Zone & The Polynomial – Space of the music for £3.99?
Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #4703 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle615 View Post
@ NZhippo.
I heard that you can't even buy like sports brakes in GT5. Is that true?? I am thinking about getting this game. I want to customize my car to the max.
Yeah that is true - there is a standard brake balance controller on every car but you can't upgrade anything brake related - yet another thing they stupidly left out from previous games?!? Tuning is ok there is some new stuff to upgrade but does feel a bit dumbed down from previous versions - spoiler kits and changing rims there ain't a huge variety unless you have to unlock them? Still am having fun playing it, the driving feels better than ever, the smoke effects are awesome and tried first night race online last night was was a real blast.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #4704 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Playing less but better

- SHANK!!!!!

This is a joy! A 2d comic book looking side scrolling beat-em up with a story inspired by "Machete" styled exploitation (the atmospheres are exactly a gore/western cartoon bloodfest int the vein of Rodriguez) where you play an impassible killing machine that slashes his way through waves of assholes, unleashing moves like "throw grenade into enemy's throat", shooting front and back, wall running while blowing enemies heads off. its FUNU! FUN! FUN! fuck ambition and cinematic idiocy, this is pure game playing badassness!

-Burnout Paradise

Wow. i hate driving in games but this is awesome. its so shamelessly cool and posturing.... a rock n roll game. absolutely
Old 11-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #4705 (permalink)

Man, BIT.TRIP.BEAT is so much better with a mouse, I haven't felt my actions being that connected to the music since Rez. Everyone jump on that sale, you're basically getting every other game free, see you on the leaderboards.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #4706 (permalink)

Iv'e been addicted to Fallout: New Vegas. I never played any of the other Fallouts and I think I'm gonna get Fallout 3 when I finish this one.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #4707 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Man, BIT.TRIP.BEAT is so much better with a mouse, I haven't felt my actions being that connected to the music since Rez. Everyone jump on that sale, you're basically getting every other game free, see you on the leaderboards.
BIT.TRIP.BEAT is addicting. like how bad I was/am addicted to Lumines. Oh man.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #4708 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
BIT.TRIP.BEAT is addicting. like how bad I was/am addicted to Lumines. Oh man.
Oh yeah, don't make me pick up Lumines again! I swear every time Mizuguchi makes something its interesting (Ninety-Nine Nights aside but that was catering to the Dynasty Warriors fans, who have something broken in them) Have you tried Chime? It's a bit Lumines and a bit Tetris.

Something I've noticed with the PC version of BIT.TRIP.BEAT is I get a feeling of motion right to left after I close the game. Probably something to do with a monitor taking up almost all my cone of vision when I play it.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #4709 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Oh yeah, don't make me pick up Lumines again! I swear every time Mizuguchi makes something its interesting (Ninety-Nine Nights aside but that was catering to the Dynasty Warriors fans, who have something broken in them) Have you tried Chime? It's a bit Lumines and a bit Tetris.

Something I've noticed with the PC version of BIT.TRIP.BEAT is I get a feeling of motion right to left after I close the game. Probably something to do with a monitor taking up almost all my cone of vision when I play it.
yeah, im playing on an 11 inch laptop, so not so much, but it does get me feeling a beat for sure, and thinking about where i fucked after it's done.

Beat Hazard is also a fucking blast. I highly recommend playing it with Kanye's new album.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #4710 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
yeah, im playing on an 11 inch laptop, so not so much, but it does get me feeling a beat for sure, and thinking about where i fucked after it's done.

Beat Hazard is also a fucking blast. I highly recommend playing it with Kanye's new album.
I grabbed Beat Hazard in yesterday's sale, I'm liking the trend of music influenced games. Where the new version of Vib Ribbon?

It's weird how many albums I've bought purely to play in Audiosurf.