Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 12-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #4771 (permalink)

Been playing Kinect sports and loving it!
This is me playing soccer, and a celebration dance at the end.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #4772 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Im glad I paid only 7$ because my laptop can not run this game . Anytime I try to load a multiplayer match it crashes during the load screen. I get no information on why it crashes, it just clicks off as if you clicked the "X" button (or red button for you mac'rs) on a web broswer.

I think I will try to install it on my gfs computer, which means I will almost never play it.
BC2 is a pretty gfx intense game. My old video card couldn't handle it even on low settings. What sort of specs does your laptop have? Every so often it will shit the bed and crash to desktop, but it's been rare for me. Does the single player function properly?

Also be sure it's up to date, and since you got it on Steam you can verify the game cache and see if something is jacked up. Worst case, try a reinstall imo.

It'd be a shame if you couldn't play it. It's one of my favorite shooters in recent memory because no fight is ever the same. I found in MW2 it was generally a similar ebb and flow to the matches, depending on the map. And after playing BC2 I hate that I can't blow up that camping whore in MW2, and the wall he's hiding behind...

On a side note, the huey in BC2:Vietnam is pretty fun imo.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #4773 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I played ONE match of BC2 and really liked it...I even liked the first mission of singleplayer that I played. (I usually don't ever bother with singleplayer modes of games that I buy to play multiplayer). Now I'm stuck away from my compy for xmas....

On a side note, the friend I gifted a version to couldn't run it on his compy at all...he says it crashes right away so maybe the crashing is a fairly common thing.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #4774 (permalink)

I'm already addicted to Dragon Age. I will give BC:2 another try in my ladies comp.

I wish everything would just run on the source engine, <3 Valve!
Old 12-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #4775 (permalink)

Source really doesn't look as good as Frostbite to me, and there's no doubt in my mind it wouldn't be able to handle the destructible environments as well.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #4776 (permalink)

I was just basing my love on how source can run on my 500$ laptop with decent graphics and hardly any slowdown. It's a selfish opinion not meant for practical implications.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #4777 (permalink)

I bought my first virtual in-game item with real money and it was, of course, Valve's doing.

It was the Polycount and Winter bundle because it's was 75% off and it's a bloody lot of items.

I think my favourite is the crocodile set for the sniper. Since sets give extra effects, my sniper rifle now covers anyone I shoot in jarate, slowing them down, I have more health and can't be killed with a headshot but also can't get a headshot on anyone else. Which completely changes how I play.

I find myself 'marking' people, quickly shooting them, turning them urine yellow and slowing them down for other people to finish off. Sniper battles are now completely different, since neither of us can get a headshot which actually makes it more tense.

I was cynical about the addition of purchasable items and what they'd do to the balance of the game but it adds a layer of depth where you have to note what the enemy is wearing and the +/- effects of them, all while keeping up with the pace of TF2. It's also a damn good way to pay Valve for the incredible support they've given TF2 and the community for their ideas.

I didn't buy any items for the Spy, honest.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #4778 (permalink)

Today, Im going to make my Dad play kinect sports with me and I will post videos.

Last night I battled my first ArchDaemon in Dragon Age and WOW!!! This game is edge of your seat hardcore gaming intensity at its best. Love it, and the ultimate addition is on sale right now for another 1.5 hours for 50% off.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #4779 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I was cynical about the addition of purchasable items and what they'd do to the balance of the game but it adds a layer of depth where you have to note what the enemy is wearing and the +/- effects of them, all while keeping up with the pace of TF2. It's also a damn good way to pay Valve for the incredible support they've given TF2 and the community for their ideas.

I didn't buy any items for the Spy, honest.
I hated it when they added achievement items, and REALLY HATED it when they added microtransactions. But then a couple months ago, soon after the Man Store was setup, I played and realized that the items really make very little difference. If you're decent at shooters, you'll still do just as well (or better) than people who purchased all their shit, and you'll get shit in the process.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #4780 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I hated it when they added achievement items, and REALLY HATED it when they added microtransactions. But then a couple months ago, soon after the Man Store was setup, I played and realized that the items really make very little difference. If you're decent at shooters, you'll still do just as well (or better) than people who purchased all their shit, and you'll get shit in the process.
They do make a difference but the game is so balanced that it's more a difference is style of play than a win button. And, yeah, you can unlock them with the investment of time or money.