Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #4801 (permalink)

i've had oblivion and god of war. they weren't my thing. fuck it, i'm just going to get another 1st person shooter. or maybe a hunting game? are there any hunting games that are actually good?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #4802 (permalink)

I picked up Fallout New Vegas in the Steam sale for 25$
Aside from the four days I was completely hooked on Minecraft (never to pick it up again), Fallout may be the only game/franchise left that I can not stop playing. I've put in an embarrassing 40 hours so far.

I think that world is so addicting, because I can actually do things and get results. I was fine spending over an hour wandering the desert looking for s pressure cooker, because I knew it would pay off in the end, and the person that sent me on the quest wouldn't suddenly tell me to fuck off.

It's also a lot easier to find work than in real life. I just walk up to someone and say "I have two legs and big guns, hire me?"
"Sure!"

I think I'll just keep playing this until the lights get shut off.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #4803 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I got Force Unleashed 2 for the 360 for Xmas. I finished it in 6 hours and was very dissapointed. Everyone said it was crappy but I loved the first game when everyone hated that too, so I hoped for the same result for the second one. BOO!

I'm onto Alan Wake now, 3rd episode in and I'm enjoying so far.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #4804 (permalink)

Warcraft's DoTA(Defend of the Ancients). I love playing the game because it is a fast game and would not spend more hours to play. I'm not use to playing RPG because i'm not patient in playing such consoles. I love quick games rather than RPG's or adventure games.

Last edited by giljr; 01-05-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #4805 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giljr View Post
Warcraft's DoTA(Defend of the Ancients). I love playing the game because it is a fast game and would not spend more hours to play. I'm not use to playing RPG because i'm not patient in playing such consoles. I love quick games rather than RPG's or adventure games.
have you tried league of legends? its a stand alone game made by the guys who made dota.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #4806 (permalink)

Just started playing Mirror's Edge recently (yeah I know I'm behind the times). Am enjoying the gameplay a lot - very unique playing that sort of game from 1st person perspective. I can see doing time trials etc getting fucking frustrating though if going for all achievements/trophies.

Last edited by NZHippo; 01-11-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: video not working
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #4807 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

the biggest mistake of mirror's edge is the combat. if that was eliminated or done better, i would say it was one of the most unique video gaming experiences i had in the last years.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #4808 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post

I'm onto Alan Wake now, 3rd episode in and I'm enjoying so far.
One of my favorite games of 2010
Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #4809 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
the biggest mistake of mirror's edge is the combat. if that was eliminated or done better, i would say it was one of the most unique video gaming experiences i had in the last years.
Yeah I totally agree the combat is pretty weak especially the shooting - if they make a sequel they would need to address that, either improve it or get rid of it. Am playing through without shooting anyone for a trophy and think it is better to play it this way. Hope they do make a sequel though as with some improvements it could be a mean game.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #4810 (permalink)

Thanks to the Steam sale I've been playing a lot of Chime and Plants vs. Zombies.

Thanks to it just being cool, I've been playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2.

And thanks to my decision to buy another multiplayer game, my roommate and I have been playing a shit ton of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.