Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #4811 (permalink)

Anybody interested in gaming some L4D2 with me and my gf tonight at 8pm Eastern?

She is new (but functional) at FPS, so we will be playing on "Easy".

Send me a message on Steam: Madeyeshawn her SN is Pinksmash, add her if you wish.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #4812 (permalink)

Mass Effect 2

Just started playing Mass Effect 2 but I haven't played one yet... Is it worth beating Mass Effect so you can transfer your character over to 2 ?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #4813 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

you can play the second without playing the first, but seeing the charcters return and act accordingly to the decisions you made in 1 is great.

also ME1 is just gooooood....
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #4814 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I wasn't a huge fan of ME 1, but I loved ME2. I played ME1 on XBox and ME2 on the PC so maybe that was the reason.
To answer your question: I don't think it's worth playing to transfer your character. But if you think you would like ME1 then why not play it first?

I've been playing "Grand Ages: Rome" the past few days on the train. So far it's very satisfying on some organizational level. It plays like an RTS with a lot more emphasis on keeping your people happy and busy while trying to simultaneously build towards your current goals.

I bought "The Ball" during the Steam holiday sale and played it a bit. Kind of a fun FPS puzzle game...it's a little rough around the edges..but fun and kind of creepy.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #4815 (permalink)

Shit, I just watched 3 hours of GSL play on GOMTV.net after paying $10 to watch the season.

This is what should take the place of sports, America.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Empire: Total War after grabbing the $25 pack on Steam of Empire and Napoleon. I don't even think I have the words to express how fucking orgasmic that shit is.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 01-16-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #4816 (permalink)

Started playing Heavy Rain last night, first stages are a bit mundane but it worked well cause now things are starting to pick up I am really getting sucked into the story and characters - I can see this game is gunna be awesome, the music reminds me a lot of the movie Seven (or Se7en if u wanna be an ass).
Speaking of ass this game has plenty, boobs too!

Last edited by NZHippo; 01-16-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #4817 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Finished Alan Wake over the weekend, enjoyed it but the ending was fuckin balls. In the bad way. Made me feel stupid, maybe I am. I'll have to look into that.

Played the first 5 minutes of Uncharted 2 on PS3... Wow. I can't wait to play that again, think my wife would get a kick out of it too.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #4818 (permalink)

I been playin the fuck outta Little Big Planet 2. Shit is crack. I play it with my 10 year old daughter. Bulletstorm is gonna be sick. Played the demo like 10 times last night. I DL'd Marvel Pinball, and Angry Birds to see what the hype was. It's not bad for a time waster or when your taking a shit but I can't drag my PS3 into the bathroom every time I go boom boom so the portable version makes sense. I actually paid $5 for the "Launch Week Only Exclusive" LBP2 Tshirt for my Sackboy. Get at me: OGPodcast_iDB on the PSN.

Subscribe to our feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/ogpc

Your source for all geek related shit and all things fresh hosted by Ian Daddybones & Jiinx

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/iandaddybones

Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #4819 (permalink)

A LOT of DJ Hero 2

and a bit of LBP2, love it, but DJ Hero is just so addicting!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #4820 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
A LOT of DJ Hero 2

and a bit of LBP2, love it, but DJ Hero is just so addicting!
My DJ Hero 2 will hopefully turn up tomorrow, this is the longest I've ever waited for a game from LoveFilm, people must be keeping hold of it!