Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #4901 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katamacy View Post
I got a 100% - something I rarely obsess over. It might have been withdrawals from lack of great RPGs, but this was exactly what I was looking for.
First, 100%? Wow. In all honesty, I'm an achievement whore at times, but when I looked up the details of the LO cheevos I knew that game would go unconquered. That is an impressive dedication to an incredibly in-depth and lengthy game. I bow to you. Did you, by any chance, defeat or even meet the Immortal One? Read that thing had somewhere around 180,000 HP haha. Ridiculous.

When you say there was a lack of great RPGs, I'm guessing you mean JRPGs, right? Considering LO is about as old-school as they come this hardware generation. You (or anyone else for that matter) tried Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata? I'm not a fan of the superficial anime asthetic, but I found ToV to be a powerfully entertaining game. Like 9/10 on the Unreal-o-Meter. Sonata was... not as good, in my opinion.

Go Canada!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #4902 (permalink)

I appear to be the only one disappointed in Borderlands here. I just uninstalled it the other day to free up HD space...hmm.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #4903 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

more games i begun playing with:

- Vanquish: It looks awesome and its fun, but it really has the affliction of lots of japanese action games. which is waaaaaaaay too many cutscenes and weird controls. And its so flashy it could give a seizure even to a non-epileptic person. still it works as a gears on war on speed.

- Stacking: its one of those games where not only i have fun playing but i'm also marveling at how simple yet great the idea is. The old russian picture book look, the sad yet magical atmosphere and the pleasure of exploring are somethign special. its cheap and its awesome.

- The Darkness: the game ois actually cooler than the comic book. nice mixture of horror and pulp shooter. looks a bit dated now, but it still has a charm of its own. And mike patton has one of the best voice perfoirmances ive heard

still have to play Bayonetta. loving red dead more and more.... and God of War 3 is just exhilarating.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #4904 (permalink)

Stacking is my favorite game of the year so far. And Bayonetta was one of my favorites from last year. Good job!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #4905 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

after deciding to invest money on a ps3, i am being extra picky on what i choose. no steam here so no impulse buying.

bayonetta looks like a great game but a bit choppy on ps3. still great.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #4906 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
First, 100%? Wow. In all honesty, I'm an achievement whore at times, but when I looked up the details of the LO cheevos I knew that game would go unconquered. That is an impressive dedication to an incredibly in-depth and lengthy game. I bow to you. Did you, by any chance, defeat or even meet the Immortal One? Read that thing had somewhere around 180,000 HP haha. Ridiculous.

When you say there was a lack of great RPGs, I'm guessing you mean JRPGs, right? Considering LO is about as old-school as they come this hardware generation. You (or anyone else for that matter) tried Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata? I'm not a fan of the superficial anime asthetic, but I found ToV to be a powerfully entertaining game. Like 9/10 on the Unreal-o-Meter. Sonata was... not as good, in my opinion.
Yup, I totally kicked its ass! Okay, not really...I was able to beat him, but I was down to one character and I was lucky. I wasn't even going to try at first, but I figured why not. Beat him with just two tries! Again, it was just luck.

I have both ToV and ES. Both currently collecting dust though. I have way too many games than I should, and I'm not sure when I will get to them. But I have heard ToV is great. Maybe I should get on that.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #4907 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I appear to be the only one disappointed in Borderlands here. I just uninstalled it the other day to free up HD space...hmm.
Borderlands is the ONLY 1st person shooter that I can and will play. Not entirely too sure why, but I really enjoy playing it. I can't get into other shooters (I don't try too hard). It reminds me of Phantasy Star Online/Universe with all the cool weaponry and unique characters.

Plus, I love playing as kick ass chicks. :P
Old 03-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #4908 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katamacy View Post
Borderlands is the ONLY 1st person shooter that I can and will play. Not entirely too sure why, but I really enjoy playing it. I can't get into other shooters (I don't try too hard). It reminds me of Phantasy Star Online/Universe with all the cool weaponry and unique characters.

Plus, I love playing as kick ass chicks. :P
It just seemed like I was doing the same thing over and over again. My friends who also bought it plowed through the main storyline in like a week, and I was left in the dust due to being in college at the time. I haven't felt the desire to play since. Maybe I just need to shoot other real people in order to get some gratification out of my FPSes?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #4909 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
It just seemed like I was doing the same thing over and over again. My friends who also bought it plowed through the main storyline in like a week, and I was left in the dust due to being in college at the time. I haven't felt the desire to play since. Maybe I just need to shoot other real people in order to get some gratification out of my FPSes?
A buddy of mine said pretty much the exact same thing after picking up Borderlands. Sold it maybe 6 days after he got it. I totally get the point you guys make... and I'm honestly pretty surprised that a PvP mode/area wasn't included in any iteration of the release. Still, I freaking loved that game. It just never got repetitive for me. I do wish the difficulty had of been a little higher at points though, but it's only a minor gripe.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #4910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
after deciding to invest money on a ps3, i am bayonetta looks like a great game but a bit choppy on ps3. still great.
Did you install it to the system? I played it and it was choppy but once I installed it I had no problems.