Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #4921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
Seeing how poorly executed and dumbed down this was for consoles, I have a new appreciation for Valve games and they way they direct the player's view and never force anything on you. They port their games to console, not the other way around, and it shows.
Hold out for Battlefield 3 - As with previous Battlefields, DICE are making it with PC as lead platform although as a PS3 owner hopefully the console versions are decent aswell. Looking at Bad Company games I ain't too worried.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #4922 (permalink)

I recently was going through some of my old ps2 games, and decided to play suikoden 3 for nostalgia. Brought back so many good memories.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #4923 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZHippo View Post
Hold out for Battlefield 3 - As with previous Battlefields, DICE are making it with PC as lead platform although as a PS3 owner hopefully the console versions are decent aswell. Looking at Bad Company games I ain't too worried.
From what I've read and watched about BF3 they have been tweaking their game engine to be more efficient and stream visuals differently. The idea being, although pc is the primary platform, it will perform well and look badass on consoles, too. This is also useful for people without a top end machine.

I just hope EA doesn't try to push a release if it isn't ready. Similar to Dragon Age 2. I'm sure the single player mode will be short, as in most fps these days. But BC2 has more than made up for that in multiplayer hilarity since I got it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #4924 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
I'm sure the single player mode will be short, as in most fps these days. But BC2 has more than made up for that in multiplayer hilarity since I got it.
They recently revealed that the single player campaign will take around 12 hours to complete which is promising. I didn't enjoy BC2 campaign as much the the first game but agree that the multiplayer completely overshadowed any single player disappointments.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #4925 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZHippo View Post
They recently revealed that the single player campaign will take around 12 hours to complete which is promising.
I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #4926 (permalink)

seems like eveyrones in between games atm... im trying to finish falout3 and the other games i havent finished yet.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #4927 (permalink)

Playing through Dragon Age 2 at the moment. I hear everyone's complaints, and even agree with some of them, but I am enjoying the game. It's not as good as the first, but it's certainly still a good game.

also, countdown to portal 2- 17 days!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #4928 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkielarue View Post
Playing through Dragon Age 2 at the moment. I hear everyone's complaints, and even agree with some of them, but I am enjoying the game. It's not as good as the first, but it's certainly still a good game.

also, countdown to portal 2- 17 days!
I've been waiting for someone to mention DA2 again...

I get the "it's not as good as the first, but still good" point, but ask yourself this - what are you trying to accomplish in the game? Maybe that's why I never really got into it, I couldn't answer that question.

Speaking of which... watch the Zero Punctuation review by clicking The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Dragon Age II
Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #4929 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
I've been waiting for someone to mention DA2 again...

I get the "it's not as good as the first, but still good" point, but ask yourself this - what are you trying to accomplish in the game? Maybe that's why I never really got into it, I couldn't answer that question.

Speaking of which... watch the Zero Punctuation review by clicking The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Dragon Age II
I had a friend ask me that very question, "what the hell is even going on in the game?" haha.

That review is fucking hilarious. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #4930 (permalink)

Since I am on vacation, I am blowing through PS3 games. I beat modern warfare 1 and 2 in a week. Both amazing games. Then I got Red Dead Redemption. I was super excited, even despite Keith's review of the game. Holy balls, this game is boring. I should have listened to Keith. After 3 days I traded it in for Skate 2 and Madden 2010. I know I love Skate 2 and I had actually given up on Madden games because they were all the same, but 2010 was only 10 dollars so I took the risk. Speaking of modern warfare 2, I need somebody to play the spec ops mission with. Some of the mission require 2 people. Who wants to help me out?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Semper Fi"